ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT- Baye Ndongo

in26

Redshirt
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2023
I randomly was wondering today how he was doing at Georgia Tech (Commit to us this past cycle and he delayed signing day and eventually got the bag from Hobbs and GTech). He's averaging 13 ppg, 9 rebounds, and shooting 61% from the field while playing almost 30 mins a game. Obviously there is nothing you can do now but it is certainly interesting to think about. Pike definitely has/always will have an eye for finding underrated talent we just gotta sometimes hope they'll before other schools notice.

There was a thread on this last week.

Reactions: RU205
There was a thread on this last week.

Didn’t catch that one. My bad

We started Woolfolk at PF for games 2-7. Pretty sure he would have been in the starting lineup long enough at the start of the year to earn a significant chunk of rotation time going forward.
what would happen when Mag came back or would Mag move his start date earlier since he had been cleared. Would Baye be the focal point of our offense or would guard play doom him....would Pike start a freshmen or be loyal to more playing time for Wolf and Hyatt. Does Baye play defense. I see Ga Tech gives up 75.1 ppg, which puts them a woeful 268

he certainly has put up impressive numbers as a frosh for Ga Tech and would have some impact here but not sure you can just extrapolate his stats here given what we know about Pike and defense and his loyalty to players. Would he be playing more minutes than Mag today?

what would happen when Mag came back or would Mag move his start date earlier since he had been cleared. Would Baye be the focal point of our offense or would guard play doom him....would Pike start a freshmen or be loyal to more playing time for Wolf and Hyatt. Does Baye play defense. I see Ga Tech gives up 75.1 ppg, which puts them a woeful 268

he certainly has put up impressive numbers as a frosh for Ga Tech and would have some impact here but not sure you can just extrapolate his stats here given what we know about Pike and defense and his loyalty to players. Would he be playing more minutes than Mag today?
Bac you can't be the main person beating the drum that it's a talent issue and then pretend a clearly super talented player wouldn't be able to play here

Maybe we can start a new Baye Ndongo forum -we could have the Round Table, Rutgers Football, Men's Basketball, Current Events...and Baye Ndongo 🙂

Reactions: malaka27
areBac you can't be the main person beating the drum that it's a talent issue and then pretend a clearly super talented player wouldn't be able to play here
he would play but be careful of just assuming same role on this team. Pike is about defense, Ga Tech despite somehow beating Duke looks like a train wreck

is Mag not starting, is Pike making Baye the focal point of the offense, we still have selfish guards with no vision

he would play but be careful of just assuming same role on this team. Pike is about defense, Ga Tech despite somehow beating Duke looks like a train wreck

is Mag not starting, is Pike making Baye the focal point of the offense, we still have selfish guards with no vision
Anyone on a different team could have a different role. You split the 3 and 4 minutes between Mag Hyatt and Ndongo

Is Ndongo a bad defender?

He's probably a better 1 on 1 scorer than the rest of the roster

I’m going to start the thread on him next week. Haha. All good — I don’t catch every thread. Anyway, he’s really good but may end up being there only one year.

When I made the comment above, it wasn't that I did not think he would get PT but I am a little down on Pike and staff on the player development side right now. Too many guys on the roster that just have not developed and thus seem like misses. Makes me wonder if bringing another supposed strong recruiter (Smoke) was what this staff really needed right now.

Anyone on a different team could have a different role. You split the 3 and 4 minutes between Mag Hyatt and Ndongo

Is Ndongo a bad defender?

He's probably a better 1 on 1 scorer than the rest of the roster
I am sure if he’s was here and played in his first game and looked lost on defense that there would be an abundance of posts about how lost he is, how he can’t play, similar to Gavin. There is merit to the consideration by bac2therac that he would not be doing this at RU. Pike emphasizes Defense (sometimes he loses vision of the forest for the trees because of this), we have forwards that Pike may like more defensively, and Pike does not always produce the best offensive results. Combine that with if he looked a little lost in Pike’s defensive scheme and didn’t pick things up, I do think his minutes played and ppg would be lower here at RU. His talent would be the same, but do think his numbers would be lower. Wonder what Gavin Griffiths numbers would be if he played at Georgia Tech if we swapped him and Ndongo??

I am sure if he’s was here and played in his first game and looked lost on defense that there would be an abundance of posts about how lost he is, how he can’t play, similar to Gavin. There is merit to the consideration by bac2therac that he would not be doing this at RU. Pike emphasizes Defense (sometimes he loses vision of the forest for the trees because of this), we have forwards that Pike may like more defensively, and Pike does not always produce the best offensive results. Combine that with if he looked a little lost in Pike’s defensive scheme and didn’t pick things up, I do think his minutes played and ppg would be lower here at RU. His talent would be the same, but do think his numbers would be lower. Wonder what Gavin Griffiths numbers would be if he played at Georgia Tech if we swapped him and Ndongo??
Well there is almost no chance that Baye would be as bad as Gavin has been on either end of the floor

If people are talking about copying and pasting exact stats at RU if he was here that's a pointless discussion. He would play. He would play a lot. He would be good

Reactions: RUChoppin
Lost 7 of their last 8. Not rooting against them at all but what’s the point of this thread?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT