ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously, Stop Bashing Our Players

Is it reasonable to expect this forum to be any better or worse than another form of social media? Everyone has a take and the line between an acceptable criticism of an individual's players decision making or skills and what some might believe is a personal attack is certainly not black and white. Just police yourself. I would think players and perhaps their families would be encouraged not to monitor forums such as these.

Reactions: RC71
Players were getting bashed on this board LONG before NIL and getting paid. But some Rockheads now use it as an excuse for low-class behavior.

Let’s start bashing the coaches !

It’s like we have Kirk Ferentz’ son is coaching our offense.

Cough / Cough - Brandin Knight !

• Haha
Reactions: socaldave
Has this board gotten personal with its criticism
I’m just responding to the OP. I’m sure there were a few. I’m sure I’ve been guilty in the past after a disappointing loss. It’s wrong and shouldn’t be excused.

Please do share? What was the worst criticism you received. Like some perspective from regular jobs to professional athletes
For starters I have 1 star reviews on my business page from absolute idiots and it wasn't a 1 star service, the people were just morons posting negative reviews. I have people who say stupid things on the internet and then I have had clients in the past get into screaming matches with me over things. You can't please everyone, I understand this. I have plenty of encouraging compliments from people as well that outweighs it multiple times but I understand I am open to criticism and some people are off their rockers, much like fans of a sports team who don't understand the game they're watching.

When I played I got heckled on the road, when we didn't play well this forum ripped us but I also understood I had a full scholarship, bowl money, pier diem and was very grateful for it.

• Love
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
For starters I have 1 star reviews on my business page from absolute idiots and it wasn't a 1 star service, the people were just morons posting negative reviews. I have people who say stupid things on the internet and then I have had clients in the past get into screaming matches with me over things. You can't please everyone, I understand this. I have plenty of encouraging compliments from people as well that outweighs it multiple times but I understand I am open to criticism and some people are off their rockers, much like fans of a sports team who don't understand the game they're watching.

When I played I got heckled on the road, when we didn't play well this forum ripped us but I also understood I had a full scholarship, bowl money, pier diem and was very grateful for it.
To be fair, you think those people are being assholes though right?

I think it’s simultaneously true that
(A) people who behave like that are assholes and you should strive not to behave like that and
(B) you can’t control other people and have to prepared to deal with the aforementioned assholes in life

• Love
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84

Just curious , when did you play and what position?

To be fair, you think those people are being assholes though right?

I think it’s simultaneously true that
(A) people who behave like that are assholes and you should strive not to behave like that and
(B) you can’t control other people and have to prepared to deal with the aforementioned assholes in life
You're missing the original point. Players are getting paid like pros in pro sports who get criticized every night. They're fair game now. Someone then asked about getting criticized at the work place and I gave multiple examples of that happening for me as a small business owner. I'm not encouraging people attacking someones character, but their play is fair game just like my business is fair game.

You're missing the original point. Players are getting paid like pros in pro sports who get criticized every night. They're fair game now. Someone then asked about getting criticized at the work place and I gave multiple examples of that happening for me as a small business owner. I'm not encouraging people attacking someones character, but their play is fair game just like my business is fair game.
I don’t think I’m missing it; I’m making a counterpoint which is: is your business really “fair game”? Or are the people bashing in online actually being assholes?

And then a secondary point which is that the answer to the question doesn’t change the fact that those people exist and the only thing you control is how you deal with it.

Everyone is disappointed when our teams don’t do well. These kids aren’t waking up at 5am to go to practice, then a
I agree wholeheartedly, but NIL has changed things in the minds of many fans. These kids are professional athletes.

The word to me is “disappointed”. 2weeks ago and on a 4 game streak it looked like we turned the corner, but we regressed. Frustrating how we go from pretty competent to being totally disorganized and run over by bottom tier teams . Maryland who we beat on the road a few weeks ago looked like a competent team today . Much better at passing, getting free under the basket , shot making etc. Payne, Reese and others have outplayed us in the paint and with ease. Pike should have drilled into players heads before today the new tougher and quicker Technical calls. The one on Austin cutoff our comeback attempt. The other part was Pike was slow to respond when Maryland went big again and re-extended the lead. I also don’t understand how Pike allows us to excessively dribble the ball until the clock is under 10 and then settle for a poor shot( Derek does this often)
The rest of the season should be for prepping for next year. For example, I would start Gavin who I think is progressing.
Once again. “Disappointed “

Reactions: RUDiddy777
The word to me is “disappointed”. 2weeks ago and on a 4 game streak it looked like we turned the corner, but we regressed. Frustrating how we go from pretty competent to being totally disorganized and run over by bottom tier teams . Maryland who we beat on the road a few weeks ago looked like a competent team today . Much better at passing, getting free under the basket , shot making etc. Payne, Reese and others have outplayed us in the paint and with ease. Pike should have drilled into players heads before today the new tougher and quicker Technical calls. The one on Austin cutoff our comeback attempt. The other part was Pike was slow to respond when Maryland went big again and re-extended the lead. I also don’t understand how Pike allows us to excessively dribble the ball until the clock is under 10 and then settle for a poor shot( Derek does this often)
The rest of the season should be for prepping for next year. For example, I would start Gavin who I think is progressing.
Once again. “Disappointed “

I think Gavin needs to get in the weight room. His struggles kind of remind me of Kobe talking about his 4 airball game his rookie season - he explained that he didn’t have the legs, offseason working on leg strength, then obviously he was good. He’s frenetic on defense…not sure if that’s good thing as it looks like he’s expending a lot of energy with mixed results.

UMD is kind of a mirror image of us - inconsistent on O, very good on D. Today they were ok on offense and we couldn’t do anything. We weren’t good, but man did the refs kill any momentum in the 2nd.

Reactions: robjknight
I think Gavin needs to get in the weight room. His struggles kind of remind me of Kobe talking about his 4 airball game his rookie season - he explained that he didn’t have the legs, offseason working on leg strength, then obviously he was good. He’s frenetic on defense…not sure if that’s good thing as it looks like he’s expending a lot of energy with mixed results.

UMD is kind of a mirror image of us - inconsistent on O, very good on D. Today they were ok on offense and we couldn’t do anything. We weren’t good, but man did the refs kill any momentum in the 2nd.

The kid from Minny is just as skinny and doing just fine. It comes down to coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT