ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Seton Hall game SOLD OUT

Great sign for the program....shows me the season ticket needle that hasn't budged can easily be moved with success this year

Reactions: Scangg
I gobbled up a bunch of SHU tix exclusively for RU fans. I have some extras id be willing to part with at face value but ONLY to Rutgers fans. Theyre in the 300’s, so youre not gonna be on the floor but they were only like $25 a piece

Single game tickets for Seton Hall are sold out. But according to the Rutgers web site: "Season Tickets and Flex Plans are still available to purchase that include Seton Hall."

For the Wisconsin game, as of this morning there were fewer than 400 single game tickets left, but presumably still season and flex plan tickets available too.

Now I have to admit that I bought a couple of SH tickets during the presale period for friends of mine who are SH grads. I don't know any Wisconsin grads that live in NJ, so I didn't buy any presale tickets for that game.

But I expect that once the Wisconsin tickets go on sale to the general public, that game will also be a sell out. I also expect that there will be multiple other conference games that sell out. So this is a good sign for interest in the program and hopefully an increase in season ticket sales in the future.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Single game tickets for Seton Hall are sold out. But according to the Rutgers web site: "Season Tickets and Flex Plans are still available to purchase that include Seton Hall."

For the Wisconsin game, as of this morning there were fewer than 400 single game tickets left, but presumably still season and flex plan tickets available too.

Now I have to admit that I bought a couple of SH tickets during the presale period for friends of mine who are SH grads. I don't know any Wisconsin grads that live in NJ, so I didn't buy any presale tickets for that game.

But I expect that once the Wisconsin tickets go on sale to the general public, that game will also be a sell out. I also expect that there will be multiple other conference games that sell out. So this is a good sign for interest in the program and hopefully an increase in season ticket sales in the future.
A lot of words and none of them were "I was wrong this is a rivalry"

The more sellouts before tickets are released to the general public, the more season ticket holders there will be the next year.
Absolutely. If season ticket holders are bringing friends to games, some those friends are more likely to become season ticket holders in the future.

But I think sales of the Flex Plan is more indicative of future season ticket sales. If someone buys a flex plan for a couple of games, then they may be willing to buy 2 flex plans for 8 games. At that point, it is a very small jump to season tickets.

Reactions: RUhobbit
To be fair he finally came around and admitted it was a small rivalry...whatever that means.
It’s fun within the state...with no register outside...the very definition of a small rivalry...fun though it may be to the two fan bases...

It’s fun within the state...with no register outside...the very definition of a small rivalry...fun though it may be to the two fan bases...

Who cares what people outside think.

By your logic all of the great high school football rivalries we have up and down the state are “small rivalries”. Who else cares about them besides people who went to the school or live in the town/city?

I believe this is the earliest a Rutgers basketball game has ever sold out in advance in the RAC’s 43rd season

Absolutely. If season ticket holders are bringing friends to games, some those friends are more likely to become season ticket holders in the future.

But I think sales of the Flex Plan is more indicative of future season ticket sales. If someone buys a flex plan for a couple of games, then they may be willing to buy 2 flex plans for 8 games. At that point, it is a very small jump to season tickets.
Holy smokes. I never thought about buying 2 different sets of flex plans. And I consider myself a creative ticket buyer lol.

Good for you. Many of our other fans sell their tickets to fans of other teams. It is upsetting to seeing fans of other teams in some of the best seats because some of our season ticket holders only want to make money and are not true fans. This has been going on for years. I hope fans are more supportive of RU this season.

I'm talking less about the friends who get brought to the games, and more about the people who expected to get tickets the week before that end up watching on TV instead. Those people are more likely to buy season tickets in the future so they don't get locked out of games they want to attend.

Reactions: Upstream
I gobbled up a bunch of SHU tix exclusively for RU fans. I have some extras id be willing to part with at face value but ONLY to Rutgers fans. Theyre in the 300’s, so youre not gonna be on the floor but they were only like $25 a piece

Still got em? For some reason I can't message you

Question: what’s the penalty for treason? :Wink:

Reactions: ScarletDave
I have multiple friends who are SHU fans. I have 40 tix to this game, none of which will go to them

If that's true, you paid almost $1000 for some of the worst tickets in the house for a game that I could get a $40 ticket (200 level) for with a flex plan.

Good for you. Many of our other fans sell their tickets to fans of other teams. It is upsetting to seeing fans of other teams in some of the best seats because some of our season ticket holders only want to make money and are not true fans. This has been going on for years. I hope fans are more supportive of RU this season.

If you look at StubHub, it looks like a LOT of your season ticket holders in the best seats are trying to get some of their money back by selling to the highest bidder -- SHU fan or not.

If that's true, you paid almost $1000 for some of the worst tickets in the house for a game that I could get a $40 ticket (200 level) for with a flex plan.
Except you would have actually paid $160 for the flex plan including 3 games you have no interest in, whereas Kyk paid $25 for a seat a row behind you.

If you look at StubHub, it looks like a LOT of your season ticket holders in the best seats are trying to get some of their money back by selling to the highest bidder -- SHU fan or not.
I count 41 tickets in the 100 level on stubhub. Is that a LOT?

Reactions: ScarletDave
Donnie, This has been happening every year lately. I think many fans are not really true fans that they are only looking to make money.

Except you would have actually paid $160 for the flex plan including 3 games you have no interest in, whereas Kyk paid $25 for a seat a row behind you.

Only the last row of the 200's is one row in front of the first row of the 300s, correct? Several SHU fans I know bought the flex plan, and had mid-to-front 200 seating. If ru is going to be the juggernaut that everyone here thinks, the tickets for Michigan et. al at the RAC should be easy to re-sell, no?

Donnie, This has been happening every year lately. I think many fans are not really true fans that they are only looking to make money.

It's just people. I know more than a few SHU fans put their Villanova tickets on StubHub the last couple of years (when the home game was on Saturday, especially) and made back a good chunk of their season ticket cost. The RAC should still be at least 90-10 RU fans on December 14th.

Only the last row of the 200's is one row in front of the first row of the 300s, correct? Several SHU fans I know bought the flex plan, and had mid-to-front 200 seating. If ru is going to be the juggernaut that everyone here thinks, the tickets for Michigan et. al at the RAC should be easy to re-sell, no?

The 200s are seats with backs.

The 300s are bleachers with no backs.

200s, wayyyyyyy better

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT