ADVERTISEMENT

Shawver and Alvarez qualify for U23 Worlds

What did they
It was the U23 trials for PR so they would have had to finish 1st in their weight.
I looked for brackets and couldn’t find anything, so I don’t know if they even wrestled a match or just showed up and were the only ones in the bracket.
North Carolina also had a guy wrestle for a spot and NC tweeted when their guy wrestled and the results.

Reactions: Leonard23
It was the U23 trials for PR so they would have had to finish 1st in their weight.
I looked for brackets and couldn’t find anything, so I don’t know if they even wrestled a match or just showed up and were the only ones in the bracket.
North Carolina also had a guy wrestle for a spot and NC tweeted when their guy wrestled and the results.
On IG Pollard mentioned that Shawver won each of his two matches 10-0. Didn’t see anything about Alvarez though.

U23s are next week in Spain. Shaver is not entered. Thought he qualified. Is he hurt? Silva wrestling at 61kg and Alvarez at 65kg. Cole Matthews who is preseason #2 is in same weight class as Sammy. Hope they meet. It could give us an early indication on Sammy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT