ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal

Giving up on White? Two years ago, he showed some promise. I wonder what the assessment is and why so poor a performance this past year. The obvious is the two-weight class jump. Is there a plan for him?

Giving up on White? Two years ago, he showed some promise. I wonder what the assessment is and why so poor a performance this past year. The obvious is the two-weight class jump. Is there a plan for him?
Two years ago, he was wrestling unattached in open tournaments, right? B1G difference versus the starting lineups in the conference.

Reactions: MS-RU
The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo)
@MrPatMineo

We got 3x Pennsylvania State Placer (7th, 4th, 3rd) Dagen Condomitti (Northampton, PA) on the banks for a visit today! He is in the portal and redshirted at Oregon State last season… Roll out the #scarlet carpet!
🛡️

@RUWrestling

He was at 157 last year

Rylan could fill a nice void at 84-97 and allow Soldano to RS.
Yeah but then what happens after the RS?

Roger was a huge recruit coming out of hs, top ranked at his weight and a top 10p4p recruit, I believe..

He hasn’t lived up to his hs ranking so far and I don’t think he beats Soldano/poz rn however..

Unless someone goes to 174 this could make sense..

This theory works if we have unlimited resources.. gotta remember we have beer budget money w champagne taste ;p
With NIL and transfer rules giving a ton of power to athletes, I don’t think there’s much cause for concern about how money gets spent anymore. Guys are gonna always leave so money will always get freed up annually.

Any word on Turley?
Has he made any decisions yet on returning or hanging his cleats up?

Rogers has not performed in college, He has lost twice to Poz 11-3 and 5-2. Wrestlestat has him ranked # 39 at 184. The fact that he is visiting makes one wonder if Turley is not coming back or if Soldano could be taking a red shirt. If we aren't giving Rogers money or a scholarship, he is worth the risk. Otherwise, no. Gibson, on the other hand, is worth it and I hope we get him.

Reactions: KidDagger
Rogers has not performed in college, He has lost twice to Poz 11-3 and 5-2. Wrestlestat has him ranked # 39 at 184. The fact that he is visiting makes one wonder if Turley is not coming back or if Soldano could be taking a red shirt. If we aren't giving Rogers money or a scholarship, he is worth the risk. Otherwise, no. Gibson, on the other hand, is worth it and I hope we get him.
I was saying the same thing.. Rogers was a huge name and recruit in hs.. but if he doesn’t get his head straight it doesn’t matter he will just be another Campatalano… hoping Turley comes back.. he’s at least self aware enough to know that if he wants to achieve his expectations for final year then he gotta take himself into deep waters.. agreed with Gibson, he got derailed a little but maybe due to inj but he still got huge upside..

• Haha
Reactions: mikemessner
I can careless what wrestlestat has Rogers ranked. Rodgers would be a good addition to the team. He has 3 or 4 years of eligibility. Rodgers was a 184lber wrestling up against Poz.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I can careless what wrestlestat has Rogers ranked. Rodgers would be a good addition to the team. He has 3 or 4 years of eligibility. Rodgers was a 184lber wrestling up against Poz.
Disagree, rankings matter and Rodgers is only a good addition if he has the right mindset and/or the price is right..

When we got A. Camp from Ohio state he had all the talent in the world but didn’t have the heart anymore at Ohio state nor did he have it here.. was he a good addition?

• Haha
Reactions: mikemessner
Disagree, rankings matter and Rodgers is only a good addition if he has the right mindset and/or the price is right..

When we got A. Camp from Ohio state he had all the talent in the world but didn’t have the heart anymore at Ohio state nor did he have it here.. was he a good addition?
Why compare him to Camp? Camp had more issues than heart. Rodgers had a pretty good redshirt year and last year only wrestled 7 matches and some of them were up at 197lbs.
If he goes 184-he either beats Soldano(and he can redshirt or go 174) or loses to Soldano, but pushes him even more in the room. After Soldano's season last year I would say it is a toss up.
This really is a no lose for RU if he decides to come.

Suriano defaults out of tournament. Have to think his Freestyle career has run its course. Seems behind 4-5 guys now. Seemed healthy. Afraid to lose to HSer in next round? Have to wonder….

• Wow
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Suriano defaults out of tournament. Have to think his Freestyle career has run its course. Seems behind 4-5 guys now. Seemed healthy. Afraid to lose to HSer in next round? Have to wonder….
Suriano doesn’t duck anyone, stop it

Reactions: Leonard23
Suriano doesn’t duck anyone, stop it
Not saying he was. It was a question. Seemed pretty healthy vs Fix, just got beat fair and square and I dont like Fix like everyone else and was rooting for him but why not wrestle Forrest?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT