ADVERTISEMENT

Simply Put: We Need a Staff of Hafley's

RUKeystone

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2009
New York, NY
Not ruling out the improbability that Haskins picks us on Friday but it really looks like this staff, with all of their hard work and dedication to making Rutgers football a program to be proud of, will regularly fall short in recruiting.

Bobby has mentioned several times that what separated Hafley from the rest of our staff under Schiano is that he simply outworked everyone else. While I am not questioning the effort from R staff, I am starting to wonder if it just a personality issue or the big pitches Flood and Co. are making to these top recruits.

If we can continue to have on field success with average recruiting like Michigan State, then you will have no complaints from me. At this time however, recruiting is the elephant in the room for Flood and Co. and needs to be resolved or this staff won't be around for too many more years.

I am not posting this as a resolution to our recruiting woes, I am just baffled that we can't close with kids who have legitimate connections here and maybe it is time JH let Flood know he needs to change R recruiting narrative one way or another. It's time to get ruthless in recruiting IMO.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.