ADVERTISEMENT

Softball in Big Ten conference games

RUONTHERISE

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2006
Does anyone have a feel for how the softball team will Perform in the conference this season?

I'm pleasantly surprised how they have done thus far given their top 4 pitchers from last year transferred out. I expect them to be competitive. Michigan and Minnesota historically make the NCAA tournament. Both are so/so this year. PSU, OSU and ISU have best records entering Big 10 play. Next year level of play ramps up adding Washington, UCLA and Oregon. Washington is ranked 9th, UCLA 14th and Oregon usually makes NCAA tournament.

I'm pleasantly surprised how they have done thus far given their top 4 pitchers from last year transferred out. I expect them to be competitive. Michigan and Minnesota historically make the NCAA tournament. Both are so/so this year. PSU, OSU and ISU have best records entering Big 10 play. Next year level of play ramps up adding Washington, UCLA and Oregon. Washington is ranked 9th, UCLA 14th and Oregon usually makes NCAA tournament.
I agree. I think we will be a solid mid tier team in the B1G this year. We have very solid pitching and have been competitive in most games. We beat UNC on the road and gave UVA a good battle yesterday. I think we're a year or 2 away from seriously competing for NCAA Tourney spots.

Reactions: RUONTHERISE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT