ADVERTISEMENT

Some Beautiful Assists In The Game Yesterday...

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
... that quite frankly, need their own thread. First off, back to back lobs from JY to RHJ were impressive, esp. the 2nd one from WAY far out! Maybe JY "can" be a pass-first PG. :)

Second, Geo's no-look was simply a thing of beauty. Just so pretty and really felt next-level.

And finally, a bit more subtle but still deserves a mention is when Paul M. drove towards the paint and dropped a nice no-look bounce pass to Duke who finished with a power layup. My man has 360 degree court vision.

This, besides the excellent shooting, was the best thing about yesterday's game. Great distribution and a ton of unselfishness shown by everyone. Heck, even Montez through a lob to RHJ, and Geo threw a lob to Montez. This squad = Lob City? :)

Reactions: goru7
It was pretty and all but I wanna see less alley oop attempts. For years our guys have consistently attempted these and failed far more often than not. Just give me the easy pass and easy lay up

Reactions: DirtyRU
Good to hear this. First game was a little sloppy but sounds like these guys can play team ball which goes a long way. Shooting helps lol.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I don't have much of a problem with the ally oops yesterday. Get them out of the system now, then when the better teams come in, buckle up and make the right pass instead of the pretty pass.

There were several well executed fast breaks too, including one that got a jumping running celebration from Coach P.

Mulcahy at the foul line is a tough matchup for a lot of teams. He is such a good passer that teams will have to respect it. Ball comes into him, defense collapses, he kicks is out. Defense stays out, he can drive.

There was possession, I think in the first half, where RU made the extra pass to McConnell (or was it Mulcahy) at the top of the key for the open look, but instead he fired a pass underneath for a layup, but there was a foul. It was just so pretty...

I don't have much of a problem with the ally oops yesterday. Get them out of the system now, then when the better teams come in, buckle up and make the right pass instead of the pretty pass.

There were several well executed fast breaks too, including one that got a jumping running celebration from Coach P.

Mulcahy at the foul line is a tough matchup for a lot of teams. He is such a good passer that teams will have to respect it. Ball comes into him, defense collapses, he kicks is out. Defense stays out, he can drive.

There was possession, I think in the first half, where RU made the extra pass to McConnell (or was it Mulcahy) at the top of the key for the open look, but instead he fired a pass underneath for a layup, but there was a foul. It was just so pretty...

I think teams are going to adjust by backing off Paul and seeing if he can make a shot. Once he can consistently make a shot from the foul line our bigs are going to have a feast on the lower blocks.

GO RU

Reactions: ruready07
I think teams are going to adjust by backing off Paul and seeing if he can make a shot. Once he can consistently make a shot from the foul line our bigs are going to have a feast on the lower blocks.

GO RU

Agree here. Mulcahy needs to be practicing that foul line/elbow jumper. It will definitely open things up if they have to come up and play him.

Reactions: satnom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT