ADVERTISEMENT

J Williams - Running the court

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
In addition to his offense, leadership, toughness and confidence - J Williams gives us the opportunity to finally be able to run the court. Something we’ve struggled with all year.

He’s that piece that we’ve missed all year to pair with Simpson & J Mike to run the court or break the press.

I don’t think I’ve seen us push the court like we did tonight all year with confidence and ease.

The possession we ran to get Simpson that reverse layup was a thing of beauty. We also setup Mag a number of times who finished very well around the rim.

If Gavin can start knocking down 3’s on a consistent basis it could really open things up.

In addition to his offense, leadership, toughness and confidence - J Williams gives us the opportunity to finally be able to run the court. Something we’ve struggled with all year.

He’s that piece that we’ve missed all year to pair with Simpson & J Mike to run the court or break the press.

I don’t think I’ve seen us push the court like we did tonight all year with confidence and ease.

The possession we ran to get Simpson that reverse layup was a thing of beauty. We also setup Mag a number of times who finished very well around the rim.

If Gavin can start knocking down 3’s on a consistent basis it could really open things up.
If Gavin can actually hit the rim would be progress right now.

This is that moment where JWill’s thinking, “Oh right, I heard we had the best dunker in the country on our team, why don’t I feed the beast.”
A shot from Carino's writeup-he has an infectious energy:

72552596007-wisc-1.jpg

"It means everything," Williams said. "When you first have an injury, especially tearing your Achilles, it's devastating. A lot of people doubt if you're able to come back the same player. A lot of people doubt if anything will go right for after. I always told myself it's going to be the best Achilles comeback you've ever seen. I'm just proud of how resilient I was throughout that. It's a relief to be able to come back and play my game."

Plus he seems to be able to get by his defenders at will

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT