ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah was a bullfrog! He's the real deal!

RU MAN

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2001
Jeremiah is the real deal! No question. On the court, he oozes confidence and intelligence and makes everybody around him better. For the first time this season, I actually saw a leader on the court. His dribble drive to the basket and dump off to Cliff was beautiful basketball. It's obvious to me that he makes everyone around him better. I also think this helped Simpson, who, IMO, played his best game of the season. Mag had a nice comeback, and Cliff was terrific blocking shots, scoring, and second-chance rebounding.

This was a team turnaround win, and Jeremiah Williams is the reason why. Man, if we had him back at the start of the B1G season, god knows how much better our record would be.

His length made a difference on defense several times. You can tell he is confident and yes I agree, he acts like a leader. Him playing now means one less guard plays so it's a massive plus minutes wise as far as production goes. Without him we probably lose because of who would've been sucking up those minutes.

Shout out to Oglbe as well. He is a massive human, I liked what I saw from him.

You can't say that, I'm out of my mind that he fixes problems with this team. Rufan will be here to straighten you out

It's the on the ball defense and rebounding, hustle that compliments Mags bounce back game today. We need points out of Williams and Mag, but today's game is why I don't look straight to shooting percentages or other nonsense. You either can make plays on both ends of the court, or you don't. Jeremiah makes plays

RU needs players who can make plays. Davis, Jeremiah Williams are going to be trouble for teams the rest of the season, trying to score points.

It's the on the ball defense and rebounding, hustle that compliments Mags bounce back game today. We need points out of Williams and Mag, but today's game is why I don't look straight to shooting percentages or other nonsense. You either can make plays on both ends of the court, or you don't. Jeremiah makes plays

RU needs players who can make plays. Davis, Jeremiah Williams are going to be trouble for teams the rest of the season, trying to score points.
Agreed. But Jamichael needs to improve at finishing his layups. He missed 3 today.

200.gif

I saw from watching his Temple games how the ball flowed so smoothly. He was always moving the ball, moving without the ball, and guys just followed suit. And he takes smart shot attempts. Gavin hasn't had a chance to play with someone like this yet

Jeremiah is the real deal! No question. On the court, he oozes confidence and intelligence and makes everybody around him better. For the first time this season, I actually saw a leader on the court. His dribble drive to the basket and dump off to Cliff was beautiful basketball. It's obvious to me that he makes everyone around him better. I also think this helped Simpson, who, IMO, played his best game of the season. Mag had a nice comeback, and Cliff was terrific blocking shots, scoring, and second-chance rebounding.

This was a team turnaround win, and Jeremiah Williams is the reason why. Man, if we had him back at the start of the B1G season, god knows how much better our record would be.
Kid is just smooth. Very good ball handler with good change of direction when needed and nice quickness (not Young quickness, but top 20% quickness), as well as a decent shot and finishes pretty well. And his drive, dish and dunk play to Cliff was a thing of beauty that the other players simply have to do more of.

Was Wolf hurt? Not sure why he didn't play, even if Ogbole was in. Ogbole struggled early, but did contribute in the 2nd half. Griffiths was a no-show today - can't afford him on the floor if he's not scoring. Loved Simpson, Mag, and Cliff today.

Kid is just smooth. Very good ball handler with good change of direction when needed and nice quickness (not Young quickness, but top 20% quickness), as well as a decent shot and finishes pretty well. And his drive, dish and dunk play to Cliff was a thing of beauty that the other players simply have to do more of.

Was Wolf hurt? Not sure why he didn't play, even if Ogbole was in. Ogbole struggled early, but did contribute in the 2nd half. Griffiths was a no-show today - can't afford him on the floor if he's not scoring. Loved Simpson, Mag, and Cliff today.
I don't think Wolf was hurt. I believe Pike decided to give his minutes to Ogbole, because of Michigan's bigs.

Shooting percentages are not nonsense!

Reactions: Scangg
They matter a lot but Jeremiah’s 4 for 12 was way better than the numbers. Many of the misses were then offensive rebounded. I don’t think that’s entirely by chance. His drives forced multiple defenders to go over in help which left Cliff well positioned for the put back board.
Yeah I meant more generally

JWilll — a good defender, keeps the ball moving on offense and had two of the nicest plays of the game: drive and dish for a Cliff dunk, and that tip-in over bigger guys on the offensive glass.

It’s crazy that after such a long layoff, he appeared to be in just as good game shape as our other regulars. He’s given us a sliver of hope.

JWilll — a good defender, keeps the ball moving on offense and had two of the nicest plays of the game: drive and dish for a Cliff dunk, and that tip-in over bigger guys on the offensive glass.

It’s crazy that after such a long layoff, he appeared to be in just as good game shape as our other regulars. He’s given us a sliver of hope.
He's a smart player who knows what to do with the basketball

JWill and Dylan in the backcourt together next year is going to be a big problem for our opponents.
I watched as much film on this kid even from high school as I could find. He looked like he could help us but damn I wish he was not in limbo for 2 months. Yup we could be 16-5 now. F the NCAA. With Dylan , J Williams , Simpson JMike we may be a tough out for many.

He is the best player on the team.

10-6-2-1
Pts-Reb-Assists-Blks
Also played like a dawg on defense, loved the near steal where he deflected the ball down to the other end and dove to the floor for the ball. He brought a whole different energy and was a stabilizing presence. Also helped that the opponent was Michigan as they are bad. But JWill’s debut was much better than expected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT