ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Bar for RU-Minn in Morris / Somerset County?

silentwillie

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Any recommendations on a place to watch the game tonight with other RU fans? Used to go to Miami Mike's in Whippany but closed several years ago. Tried Legends in Morristown for RU-NW but no other RU fans. Appreciate any suggestions.

Reactions: gregkoko
I was wondering the same thing myself. Haven’t encountered it. Also haven’t had much of a bar life of recent though, but would be fun for right away game.

Be interested to know of anything in Northern Hunterdon Co / or close by Somerset…(Bridgewater/Branchburg/Somerville).

Btw…C/E from Somerville….
You guys bought me a Guinness at Jack Doyle’s before MSU…
You guys are good peoples. You ever want to try and get a Rutgers crowd going in the area give me a shout.

I was wondering the same thing myself. Haven’t encountered it. Also haven’t had much of a bar life of recent though, but would be fun for right away game.

Be interested to know of anything in Northern Hunterdon Co / or close by Somerset…(Bridgewater/Branchburg/Somerville).

Btw…C/E from Somerville….
You guys bought me a Guinness at Jack Doyle’s before MSU…
You guys are good peoples. You ever want to try and get a Rutgers crowd going in the area give me a shout.

Yeah same I don't really have the time to get out often, but would love to watch one or two road games on a random weekday night somewhere.

I'm hoping once liquor license laws get loosened (say that five times fast) next year, we get a few more local spots opening up and not just the chains that can afford it currently.

Maybe not this game but in future would be nice to have some watch parties in this area. Just moved to Hunterdon County last year.

Any recommendations on a place to watch the game tonight with other RU fans? Used to go to Miami Mike's in Whippany but closed several years ago. Tried Legends in Morristown for RU-NW but no other RU fans. Appreciate any suggestions.
Grasshopper-Personal Favorite.
Homestead-Big Screen is Great
Horseshoe-Good for NFL and underrated set up. Trends younger.
Legends-Least crowded but still fun and games room.

I’d stay away from the Office as they don’t seem to care. Dublin fine if you want quieter and they happen to have a game on. Iron Bar, Fomo and Revolution have nice enough TVs to watch game if just want to watch the game but hard to get an RU crowd at any one place.

All very good perfectly fine sports bars in Morristown but such competition spreads out crowds at any one place and can compete with soccer crowd especially at the Grasshopper. As night moves along become clubs and music venues. So like a bunch of chocolate never know what you’re going to get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT