ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Thread

Other one was off the page, because it was started this morning, and then jumped up after I started this one. More complaining in that one.
Gio hitting receivers in stride now, what will complainers do?
When you're following along from the south end of the South Island of New Zealand, you'll take any info you can get! Good to see (hear that) Gio coming around.

It's pretty wet out so it's tough to evaluate. Running game looks much better. A lot more downhill plays. From the limited action I've seen of Gio, he's much more aware in the pocket and his throws look pretty solid. Of some of his intermediate to deep throws, hit Blunt on the sideline on a deep comeback but he was out bounds, a nice out to Duwop, a deep one to Bailey who ran the wrong way because he couldn't find the ball, and a perfect pass down the seam to Griffin-Stewart.

Defense is usually ahead of offense in these games. Can't believe the amount of people who thought a scrimmage would be as exciting as a game. Coaches only call basic plays, no huge passes and no exotic blitzes. Don't want to give any free film to other teams and they want players to get the fundamentals down. When my HS played, think we called the same four plays on offense and same four on defense in each scrimmage.

At least we make a real cool drone. That and we won't lose today.

Who is this Haggerty kid? That would have been our long last year and he made it by a lot.

Defense is usually ahead of offense in these games. Can't believe the amount of people who thought a scrimmage would be as exciting as a game. Coaches only call basic plays, no huge passes and no exotic blitzes. Don't want to give any free film to other teams and they want players to get the fundamentals down. When my HS played, think we called the same four plays on offense and same four on defense in each scrimmage.

This may be true but the starting offense can't seem to sustain a drive to score a TD.

I hope that kid isn't returning kicks. Let's hope Grant stays healthy.

This may be true but the starting offense can't seem to sustain a drive to score a TD.

Part of that is the play calling. 2 short inside run plays and a quick out to the TE on 3rd down. Punt. They're opening it up a bit more now.

Gavin Is from SJR. A school that always produces great players for Rutgers. We need more from that school.

His kicking coach at SJR was Len Moore. A former Rutgers kicker.

Reactions: JerseyShoreKnight
See. The coaches don't really care about needing a big play in the scrimmage. 3rd and long and they call a swing pass to Hicks. It's all about evaluation for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT