ADVERTISEMENT

SPRING GAME

Rutgers85

Senior
Jul 5, 2014
I have never been to the Spring game but I am going this year. Do they play a full game? How long does it usually take? Are concession stands open? I assume parking and seating are first come, first served. Any details would be helpful. I'm bringing a huge kid from PA who loves Rutgers and wants to play there. He is only in 7th grade (I realize being good now doesn't mean he will be good in HS) but the kid is a tank so I figure it won't hurt to bring him. Thanks.
This post was edited on 3/26 12:54 PM by Rutgers85

Originally posted by Rutgers85:

I have never been to the Spring game but I am going this year. Do they play a full game? How long does it usually take? Are consession stands open? I assume parking and seating are first come, first served. Any details would be helpful. I'm bringing a huge kid from PA who loves Rutgers and wants to play there. He is only in 7th grade (I realize being good now doesn't mean he will be good in HS) but the kid is a tank so I figure it won't hurt to bring him. Thanks.
Yes, it is park and sit first come first serve. Concession are open.

They play with a runnig clock for the most part, I would say that the game is over in about 2 hours, mayb a little less.

yes it is free entry free parking...the game itself is a glorified scrimmage.. no kickoffs or punt returns... usually running time, its also usually 1's and 2's vs. scout team/younger guys.. usually game is followed by an autograph session down on the field...first time in a while that they've had it at night...lots of pre-game activities although my group usually tailgates in the lot!! this is really a great time to bring people and introduce them to Rutgers Football!!

Also, I'd expect to park either in the scarlet or yellow lots - VERY close to the stadium. It typically doesn't get all that crowded.

Jerzey, What kind of pre-game activities? What time would be a good time to get there? Thanks for the help.

They should have the kids zone in the athletes glen...prob. a food truck if u don't wanna tailgate...there will most probably be other stuff going on in front of stadium...what time to get there depends on what u wanna do....I'll prob. Be getting there around 4-4:30 cuz I enjoy tailgating..

Originally posted by PaKnight:
Originally posted by Rutgers85:

I have never been to the Spring game but I am going this year. Do they play a full game? How long does it usually take? Are consession stands open? I assume parking and seating are first come, first served. Any details would be helpful. I'm bringing a huge kid from PA who loves Rutgers and wants to play there. He is only in 7th grade (I realize being good now doesn't mean he will be good in HS) but the kid is a tank so I figure it won't hurt to bring him. Thanks.
Yes, it is park and sit first come first serve. Concession are open.

They play with a runnig clock for the most part, I would say that the game is over in about 2 hours, mayb a little less.
It is a lot shorter than that. The game is over in 90 minutes tops.
The Fireworks will be great for the kids.

The first opportunity for all of the expert witnesses here to show off their
hideously chalky limbs..
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Depends on the weather, lol. Spring game night game might be dicey for weather. For those of us who will start tailgating in mid afternoon, we will have our chance to bare legs and arms, lol, but at night at end of April? Not so sure. Still wish it was a Saturday afternoon rather than a Friday night, but will keep an open mind for one year and give it a chance.
Originally posted by FELONIOUSMONK:
The first opportunity for all of the expert witnesses here to show off their
hideously chalky limbs..
3dgrin.r191677.gif

There's a possibility that the team might also practice special situations: red zone scoring, 2-minute drill, etc.

Can`t wait for this years spring game! I`m taking my kids out of school and hour or two early just to build some excitement among their classmates and get a leg up on tailgating.

Fireworks after the Big 10 party last summer were really good, hopefully they will be as good for the Spring Game.

I have also never been to a spring game and I am really looking forward to it. I know some traditionalists who prefer it on Saturday are upset, but when forced to choose between the spring game in the afternoon and Ag Field Day, Ag Field Day wins every time. Glad that I can have my cake and eat it too this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT