ADVERTISEMENT

St Johns Game (Attendance; Refs and expect Physical game)

I think mid level was being generous but I know people would push back there. With an injury that limits them to the degree that St. John’s will be undermanned, losing this game, at home, is not a good sign.

Again I don’t think they will. They should win all things considered.

So losing 1 basketball game (in a 30 game season) to a solid team that you’re a 3.5 point dog to according to Vegas...when were pegged to finish at the bottom of our conference...is a troubling sign for the season?

Lol like I said you’re just trying to tee up for when you dump on Pike.

Reactions: ru66
St. John's is predicted by many to go to the NCAA tournament this year. Keita is a loss for them that makes them a poor matchup against us, but every single site and commentator still has us as underdogs even at home.

Pretty clear this wouldn't be a "bad" loss, and it does seem like you're setting it up that way to frame the outcome as either bad in the event of a loss, or not that big a deal if we win.

Not my intention.

I think mid level was being generous but I know people would push back there. With an injury that limits them to the degree that St. John’s will be undermanned, losing this game, at home, is not a good sign.

Again I don’t think they will. They should win all things considered.

lol

Reactions: S_Janowski
Its a bad matchup for their D too. We are underdogs based on last season and histroy of the program. It will take a while for Vegas to catch up. We can shoot threes and dominate inside. They are more one dimensional. We should be able to control the boards on both ends and those extra possessions will matter. They have no bigs and its going to show.

Foul trouble can go both ways. What if Geo gets Ponds an early foul and then EO draws a charge on him? I expect to see some Thiam on Heron to shut him down too.

All good points. I just hope our youth is up to the task! I'll be there to help with the RAC-mosphere!

High passes into the post to take advantage of our size, then kickouts to shooters when the inevitable double team comes. If they don't double, we'll have 4+ inches and 40+ pounds on the defender. If we can get an inside-out game going on offense, we could be in good shape.

Yup. That's probably the plan. The question will be whether SJU can stop those entry passes to the post with great ball pressure on our guards. The way RU has passed so well the first 2 games makes me hopeful that SJU won't be able consistently to deny the entry passes.

Reactions: RUChoppin
idk if we should get this one. Ponds has progressive gotten better and better and we don't really have an answer for him on D, we don't have great ball handlers right now, and they added an All-SEC player as well. Make no mistake, this is an upset if we win
Plus St. John's added a JuCo All-American wing in L.J. Figueroa who was once recruited by Florida, Louisville and several other big-time programs before they all realized that he was never going to be academically qualified to get into their schools out of H.S.

Plus St. John's added a JuCo All-American wing in L.J. Figueroa who was once recruited by Florida, Louisville and several other big-time programs before they all realized that he was never going to be academically qualified to get into their schools out of H.S.
Shhhhh dont tell @RUsojo that. He needs to pretend it’s an awful thing if we lose to the johnnies

Heard figueroa has looked good. Russ who you got tomorrow night?

Heard figueroa has looked good. Russ who you got tomorrow night?
I haven't had much time to think about it.

I've watched two Ohio Bobcats games from last season and one from this season so I could write a "What To Watch For" game preview for the South Florida site.

Had National Signing Week Q&A sessions for the South Florida and Florida sites. Watched a Georgetown game to prepare to write a "What To Watch For" game preview for the South Florida site.

God I love College Basketball

Out of conference, it would be last year with SHU... I cannot remember ever having a bigger game as the 3rd game of the season[
Unlv and Missouri when they were both Number 1 in the early 90’s. Either the first game or second. Sold out and the RAC was rocking and raucous

wildcard is students..they were okay first game, didnt show 2nd game..is there a concerted effort to get them to go...PSU is noon the next day but with that horror show I dont expect students to go to that...if RU made a push for students, attendance gets over 7K, if not then its going to be in the 6800 range.
There are no student tickets available.

If we can make this a battle of attrition, though, I like our chances...ESPECIALLY if Eugene continues drawing charges....
Eugene was the one that both SJU and SHU were roughing up last year. He manned up and was strong in Q4.

I haven't had much time to think about it.

I've watched two Ohio Bobcats games from last season and one from this season so I could write a "What To Watch For" game preview for the South Florida site.

Had National Signing Week Q&A sessions for the South Florida and Florida sites. Watched a Georgetown game to prepare to write a "What To Watch For" game preview for the South Florida site.

God I love College Basketball

We’ll give you until 7:00 am to come up with something.
You can watch RU, St Johns tape all night.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT