ADVERTISEMENT

Star Ledger - PSU and RU coverage today

GSGS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
Fans here like to give the S/L sh!t over their negative coverage of RU, but I say that it's time to get reacquainted with NJ's largest daily and let bygones be bygones.

While last night's game probably ended too late for most editions, I picked up the S/L today expecting to have to endure article after article on the Pedds. I was in for a most pleasant surprise. Instead of having anything about PenisHead (Franklin) and his minions, there was a ton of stuff on Rutgers athletics, ranging from a full page introducing the 2016-17 RU men's basketball team, an extensive Q&A with Patrick Hobbs, and finally, believe it or not, a big article on RU football, discussing what is needed to resurrect our offense.

Kudos to the Star Ledger. RU fans who are still holding a grudge from the Mulcahy and Pernetti/Rice episodes should give them another chance.

Yup - I thought the same thing this morning. All good articles, although the what RU football needs to do article was a bit obvious (and really more or less just said it needs to get a lot more good players haha).

Reactions: Extra Point
Fans here like to give the S/L sh!t over their negative coverage of RU, but I say that it's time to get reacquainted with NJ's largest daily and let bygones be bygones.

While last night's game probably ended too late for most editions, I picked up the S/L today expecting to have to endure article after article on the Pedds. I was in for a most pleasant surprise. Instead of having anything about PenisHead (Franklin) and his minions, there was a ton of stuff on Rutgers athletics, ranging from a full page introducing the 2016-17 RU men's basketball team, an extensive Q&A with Patrick Hobbs, and finally, believe it or not, a big article on RU football, discussing what is needed to resurrect our offense.

Kudos to the Star Ledger. RU fans who are still holding a grudge from the Mulcahy and Pernetti/Rice episodes should give them another chance.
Which it what it should be - a NJ paper covering NJ's state university. It irritated me to no end when there where way too many Penn State articles during camp several years ago.

Reactions: RUbacker
No thanks. It wasn't just the Mulcahy/Rice/Penetti fiasco. They will not get another quarter or click from me as long as Manahan is the sports editor.
Completely agree. As long as Manahan is there I won't read them. Although we've had a lot of self inflicted wounds their coverage and constant rehashing of past events has hampered our athletic programs. Hell some stories they just made up. They simply crossed the line from journalism to being a tabloid.

Only if you're camping and are out of toilet paper.

Still a major left leaning paper with extremely biased coverage with an obvious agenda. No thanks.

I honestly am not sure if it is SL writers using aliases on this board or if Steve Politi's mother has six different accounts. But, how anyone (and I mean anyone) who is a serious and avid Rutgers booster would promote the sl is beyond me...

You want to read it with a critical eye, fine (I find myself checking out a few nj.com articles during the year). But, I call b.s. when anyone suggests you should let "bygones be bygones".

The SL should get zero (and I do mean zero) benefit of any doubt...... Give me 4-5 good years of not trying to undermine my university and I might give them a chance at that point...

Last edited:

F the Ledger. I'm willing to take a hit on my NJ UI to see that piece of shiite shuttered and those sorry sacks on the welfare line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT