ADVERTISEMENT

Start Dremel!!!

I laugh my arse off every time Dremel comes on the Field for a Kick off .. the announcer says # 8 has changed his jersey to #98 {or whatever). What a ffff’n joke . Wussie Greg never returns kicks . Who cares

Reactions: Shelby65
Need to re group quickly or UCLA will run over us on Homecoming Day. We can't exist with an offense that is a handoff to Kyle into a loaded box or a short pass into double coverage to only the primary receiver. Seems like when we need 6 yards for a first down our receivers when they catch it are always a yard or 2 short. Linebackers have easily learned to read AK's eyes. And how many times are we going to miss getting one yard for a TD or first down.

If not on first down.. throw beyond teh first down marker every time. No routes short of the marker if not a screen/swing to an RB. Don't allow the QB to check down to a completion well short of a first down. Let's aim to get 1st downs in 2 downs.. not three. We have been in 3rd and long often.. and failed on 3rd and medium too.. so why bother setting up "makeable" 3rd downs. They worked vs the cupcakes.. but in Big Ten play we are way too predictable.

The idea is.. stretch the field.. Monangai faces too many defenders too close to teh LOS... get them moving back. You cannot do that with short passes.

Reactions: Jimpeg and Pils86
I laugh my arse off every time Dremel comes on the Field for a Kick off .. the announcer says # 8 has changed his jersey to #98 {or whatever). What a ffff’n joke . Wussie Greg never returns kicks . Who cares
The whole kickoff thing is maddening. For a team as offensively challenged as we are, you'd think you might want to try and get a return going to try an bust something and get a shorter field. Trying to go on an 80 yard drive every time seems like a losing strategy.

Reactions: RAC93
DBs got sucked-in by something near LOS (Athan fake?).
That's a reason I miss longer passing because its longer balls that invite blown coverages, pass interference and such.

bO0etV0.gif

Reactions: redking and Pils86
Need someone who can actually complete a catch. Absolutely amazing the lack of adjustment by Schiano / Ciarocca
I agree that he should get more PT. However what happened to Miller and why does he only run 5 yd out patterns???

Schiano said that Miller had another gear then why no longer routes for him? Why no reverses or sweeps with him?

Our staff does not know how to utilize players.

Reactions: LOLSpankyNUTS
That's a reason I miss longer passing because its longer balls that invite blown coverages, pass interference and such.

bO0etV0.gif
That’s BS

Because Schiano. I’m excited to see what stud QB he recruits next.

I agree that he should get more PT. However what happened to Miller and why does he only run 5 yd out patterns???

Schiano said that Miller had another gear then why no longer routes for him? Why no reverses or sweeps with him?

Our OL sucks so bad Miller can run a 5 yard route.

Athan can’t throw the ball that far look at the the play where Fletcher was open by 15 yards he under threw him by 10 yards couldn’t even reach him if he throws it anywhere near him it’s a TD!!

bO0etV0.gif
Yes, pump fakes are effective and easy to do, qb's should do it regularly. Note one defender running forward after the fake. If he had pumped faked to the opposite side of the field the safety probably doesn't catch him and it is a TD.

Sorry but you have to let Dremel play too.
Only guy who can catch the ball.
Thought all these WRs were supposed to be studs. Most disappointing part of team.
Fletcher not helping either if he is going to drop every second pass.

Athan can’t throw the ball that far look at the the play where Fletcher was open by 15 yards he under threw him by 10 yards couldn’t even reach him if he throws it anywhere near him it’s a TD!!

AK's longer passes can soar and float - and they are slow compared to his short bullets. Those quick and short chucks are why KC likes AK. They are "safer" as RU tries to dink and dunk its way down the field. A problem is the only work between the 20s if at all. Good defenses can stop that, and I also think RU WRs hear footsteps in close quarters (where the dinky-dunky plays often happen)

Sorry but you have to let Dremel play too.
Only guy who can catch the ball.
Thought all these WRs were supposed to be studs. Most disappointing part of team.
Fletcher not helping either if he is going to drop every second pass.
If the passes are too high for our big WRs, Dremel will have no chance of catching it. Maybe we should go 4 WRs to get him on the field.

Reactions: ashokan
If the passes are too high for our big WRs, Dremel will have no chance of catching it. Maybe we should go 4 WRs to get him on the field.
Defenses stuff Dremel pretty easy

He has great hands and can make a play when he "lurks" into weak spots in zone but in close quarters he's more Olive Oyle than Popeye. In all those quick hit passes in traffic that KC likes its a mismatch.

Reactions: LOLSpankyNUTS
Defenses stuff Dremel pretty easy

He has great hands and can make a play when he "lurks" into weak spots in zone but in close quarters he's more Olive Oyle than Popeye. In all those quick hit passes in traffic that KC likes its a mismatch.

In 3 WR sets why not have one with that skill set?

In 3 WR sets why not have one with that skill set?
I think he's an asset coming off the bench for a change-up but as a starter with defenses keying on him he's taken away pretty easy. After 3 TDs last September defenses just erased him for rest of season. He has trouble just getting off the line and bigger DBs. Mistaken read was key to yesterday's catch.

BEmM0tz.gif

Start him, he is the only receiver we have that gets the most important part right, catch the damn ball.
Who cares about speed or athleticism if the ball is most likely to hit the ground, or we will be short of the line to gain.

Reactions: newell138
If not on first down.. throw beyond teh first down marker every time. No routes short of the marker if not a screen/swing to an RB. Don't allow the QB to check down to a completion well short of a first down. Let's aim to get 1st downs in 2 downs.. not three. We have been in 3rd and long often.. and failed on 3rd and medium too.. so why bother setting up "makeable" 3rd downs. They worked vs the cupcakes.. but in Big Ten play we are way too predictable.

The idea is.. stretch the field.. Monangai faces too many defenders too close to teh LOS... get them moving back. You cannot do that with short passes.
It is called Play calling because what RU does is just Fooling around

Stupid post. He is more than capable of throw that far. No need to unnecessarily pile on for a bad throw.
True, he can throw that far. But it’s also true that Vedral and Langan could not, Exhibit 478 for the prosecution that negative two point zero doesn’t have any interest in vertical passing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT