ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to get some buzz...

The tabs on those cans of Tab came into use in the late 1970s
The old pull tabs on beverage cans came off when opened, and caused a choking hazard because people used to drop them into the can before drinking.
… or “stepped on a pop top … cut my heel had to cruise on back home, but there’s booze in the blender… “ 😉

So Tuesday evening when I voted after work, 2 of the monitors saw my Rutgers jacket and engaged me in conversation about Rutgers Football and the OSU game. In years past (since I always wear Rutgers gear) this has never happened. Just another anecdote, but I love that this is happening now.

Reactions: shields
I got a bottle of 2022 Laphroaig 25 year old Cask Strength single Malt, for my retirement!

Question,

Does it smell as stinky as the standard Laphroaig? I can't stand pouring it as well as any of the other bartenders I work with. Even though it has that powerful smell, I know some people absolutely love it.

Question,

Does it smell as stinky as the standard Laphroaig? I can't stand pouring it as well as any of the other bartenders I work with. Even though it has that powerful smell, I know some people absolutely love it.
A connoisseur of fine single malt Scotch you are not sir. Stinky? how preposterous!

I was in a Verizon store in Denver this week. A guy with a Michigan hat came up to me and said the league will have to watch out next year for RU, He was very complimentary on the tOSU game. I told him flat out Harbaugh is a cheating douche. No more said!

A connoisseur of fine single malt Scotch you are not sir. Stinky? how preposterous!
This article on Laphroaig is funny.

"In a campaign that seems to break all the rules of advertising, Laphroaig is slapping terrible descriptions on its single-malt scotch. It tastes like dead fish, iodine, a campfire and dirt. It smells like medicine.

"A symphony of smoke," reads one of Laphroaig's ads. "Tastes like a burning hospital. Earth never tasted so good." Those aren't just idle words, either -- the ads are based on actual quotes from Laphroaig drinkers."

The tastes and aroma are nearly indescribable, but scotch drinkers try anyway. Slate likens it to clove, banana, butterscotch, burning tires, Sharpies, Band-Aids and synthetic insulin. And instead of shying away from the negatives, Laphroaig is embracing them.

1.png
Top StoriesREAD MOREWhen are Ohio's recreational marijuana sales setto begin?

Reactions: Bagarocks
I was in a Verizon store in Denver this week. A guy with a Michigan hat came up to me and said the league will have to watch out next year for RU, He was very complimentary on the tOSU game. I told him flat out Harbaugh is a cheating douche. No more said!
Should have said he is the greatest cheater in the history of the game.. and that includes Belichick!

That would have confused the hell outta the Meechigan fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT