ADVERTISEMENT

Statement from head of NJ coaches association

sport2231

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2007
This is my statement as Commissioner of the NJFCA and it is ON the record.

I believe It is unfortunate and unacceptable that we have reached this point with regards to future of RU Football. We are a Big 10 football program with administrative leadership that is not operating commensurately.

How you can proceed this far into negotiations with Greg Schiano, obviously knowing there was a possibility that you would not capitulate to all the requirements he felt necessary to re-build and successfully run a Big 10 football program, without having a plan B & C demonstrates an alarming lack of competence on many levels.

We are weeks away from early signing day, with a frustrated fan base, a current roster of players contemplating transferring, future prospects losing confidence & prominent donors publicly announcing the termination of their future financial support.

The fact these events could not be forecasted by the RU administrative leadership makes it abundantly evident they unfortunately lack the depth, foresight and understanding that is required to lead a decision making processes of this magnitude.

At this point I believe the only option is for someone in a position of authority to ask Coach Schiano back to the negotiating table and complete the deal they initiated. There literally is no other choice as a result of their lack of effective planning. Hopefully someone in a position of leadership at RU will quickly come to this realization while the situation can still be rectified.

Regards,
John Jacob
Wayne Hills Football
Offensive Coordinator
NJFCA Commissioner

tweet it out. #firehobbs

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series