ADVERTISEMENT

Stephanie Guihon

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
and another one is gone(again). Transfers to McNesse state. Has anyone heard of any recruitment news?

Reactions: Coon73
and another one is gone(again). Transfers to McNesse state. Has anyone heard of any recruitment news?
Sadly , the team might have walk ons playing this season because of the lack of interest from the transfer portal.

Sadly , the team might have walk ons playing this season because of the lack of interest from the transfer portal.
The current issue is we don’t have recruiters so that’s mission impossible for the moment

hopes Kierra Sanderlin and Sakima Walker are still out there if CW get them to listen.
With them and our current seven I think we have a winning record

there are still 1200 girls in the portal and the needs are not many.
Lot of clubs play an 8 girl rotation and that’s ok. For practice conscript 6 men on campus for practice partners

I think girls soccer ( with 13 girls) did that this spring
I think the problem is of the girls with 2023 offers Michelle was the contact point. They knew her

Zoe Brooks says she had a good relationship with the coaches ( Michelle and Nadine) but HC was has not Re offerred. That needs to change today

anyway my opinion

Reactions: MADHAT1
This is not a good look . A HC who is hired , seems qualified but arrives with no staff after almost 3 weeks now? Right now we can’t count on the portal for filling up the roster. During her interviews I would hope Hobbs asked GW Do you have any assistant prospects to bring in?Seems like an obvious question to ask.

Maybe she is pulling a Terry Shea. Get the job and then take a vacation.

Seriously, the timing of the hiring also impacts the ability to get assistants.

The timing of the hire also probably factored into her getting a 6 year deal given the likelihood that this transition is going to take time. CW is certainly not generating any initial buzz for the program.

CVS destroyed this program, so sad to see where it is sitting.
can say that and be fairly accurate.
I'll just say: Stringer's refusal to admit her coaching days were ended caused the damage because she mistakenly hope she'd be able to return to the type of health she needed and finaly had to admit she couldn't.
That wait caused untold damage to the RU WBB program;s ability to be competitive on the court , last season,and in the recruiting game now .
Though unintended, the damage must be placed on her, because she failed to retire when it was obvious she should.

Last edited:
The lack of news on recruiting and hiring assistant coaches is another troubling sign after all the delays with the Stringer decision to retire.There needs to be momentum to show a new head coach has control of the situation and meaningful change is occurring.

The current issue is we don’t have recruiters so that’s mission impossible for the moment

For practice conscript 6 men on campus for practice partners

anyway my opinion
IS this still ok with the mighty NCAA? Last I heard they were looking to eliminate this due to Title IX but can't find a quick update. Here's last I saw.

IS this still ok with the mighty NCAA? Last I heard they were looking to eliminate this due to Title IX but can't find a quick update. Here's last I saw.

I am no lawyer but like you information is obscured by oceans of opinions, cases and theories
I did not understand how coaches were using this as a means of extracting more money into their programs.
Anyway I think I understand that if a player might be added( practice only) because of classroom scheduling. Or in our case shortage of player’s disadvantaging our title jv athletes

the above is based on male players lessening the need for women and that seems the thrust of the argument.

but that was written in 2007 and updated( whatever that means) in 2020
I will trust Rutgrrs legal staff to sort it out

CVS destroyed this program, so sad to see where it is sitting.
This is reality people need to accept. Thank you for saying it.

We got to this place because everyone who had concerns for the past 5-6 years weew shouted down
😂 😂 😂

One poster and 4 likes saying the Program is destroyed is reality? That's some math.

Reactions: mrriley59

We got to this place because everyone who had concerns for the past 5-6 years weew shouted down
Agreed. Isn’t it interesting the very same people that chastised and shouted down the people that pointed out these concerns are the ones that are most upset now.
2 posters come to mind immediately.

I am no lawyer but like you information is obscured by oceans of opinions, cases and theories
I did not understand how coaches were using this as a means of extracting more money into their programs.
Anyway I think I understand that if a player might be added( practice only) because of classroom scheduling. Or in our case shortage of player’s disadvantaging our title jv athletes

the above is based on male players lessening the need for women and that seems the thrust of the argument.

but that was written in 2007 and updated( whatever that means) in 2020
I will trust Rutgrrs legal staff to sort it out
all I am saying is I don't know where this stands right now. Not sure if you thought me posting that was expressing an sort of opinion.

all I am saying is I don't know where this stands right now. Not sure if you thought me posting that was expressing an sort of opinion.
No I am just throwing out words . Really to no one in particular. Sometime making a statement when you want an impassioned response works better than just asking a question

so I was not hostile, challenging or any way being arbitrary . I was having coffee and texting so we are good.

• Haha
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84

the concerns your talking about were just BS.
The destruction came because of her taking a LOA instead of admitting she needed to retire because of health concerns.
The people you're talking about weren't shouted down, but informed that thy were wrong and shown why.
I don't know how many times I had to post RU's W-L record for the last 10 years ( starting around 7 years ago) in reply to the Sky has fallen crowd when they implied the RU WBB program was losing.
Rutgers WBB was even improving a bit before the LOA fiasco made RU WBB the mess it is now.
Blame the minute Stringer took the LOA as the beginning of the destruction of the program, not the times people posted their BS trying to imply the program was a losing one.
You were wrong then, just like your message I'm replying to is just misinformation trying to say what was posted then has proven true. and whining about being told it was wrong at the time even though facts proving RU WBB wasn't the loser as the we're doomed crowd was saying. were provided.
That's not shouting down, but proving what was being said didn't have all the facts, because the facts proved what was claimed wasn't really true, except RU WBB wasn't the great program it once was.

last 7 years ( under Stringer)
2014–15Rutgers23–1012–6T–4thNCAA Division I Second Round
2015–16Rutgers19–157–9T–9thWNIT Second Round
2016–17Rutgers6–243–13T–11th
2017–18Rutgers20–127–9T–9th
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I

Last edited:
the concerns your talking about were just BS.
The destruction came because of her taking a LOA instead of admitting she needed to retire because of health concerns.
The people you're talking about weren't shouted down, but informed that thy were wrong and shown why.
I don't know how many times I had to post RU's W-L record for the last 10 years ( starting around 7 years ago) in reply to the Sky has fallen crowd when they implied the RU WBB program was losing.
Rutgers WBB was even improving a bit before the LOA fiasco made RU WBB the mess it is now.
Blame the minute Stringer took the LOA as the beginning of the destruction of the program, not the times people posted their BS trying to imply the program was a losing one.
You were wrong then, just like your message I'm replying to is just misinformation trying to say what was posted then has proven true. and whining about being told it was wrong at the time and facts proving RU WBB wasn't the loser as the we're doomed crowd was saying..

last 7 years ( under Stringer)
2014–15Rutgers23–1012–6T–4thNCAA Division I Second Round
2015–16Rutgers19–157–9T–9thWNIT Second Round
2016–17Rutgers6–243–13T–11th
2017–18Rutgers20–127–9T–9th
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I
You do not need it but to strengthen the above stats let’s look at 2016-17

the very core of the team Tyler Scaiffe developed a heart issue in season

prior top recruiter/ teacher Chelsea Newton left after 2014. We had two poor recruiting classes in a row so 2016 was a mess

restructured in 2017 and have been good since

No I am just throwing out words . Really to no one in particular. Sometime making a statement when you want an impassioned response works better than just asking a question

so I was not hostile, challenging or any way being arbitrary . I was having coffee and texting so we are good.
Lol.. no I didn't take your reply that way. thanks.

There may be more issues that need to be sorted with team and also assistants. Keep in mind most educational institutions end fiscal year at end of June. That may be part of equation on who is available to be brought on for next year. Seems like its pretty much a given not much more left out there on transfer portal so for now find strong assistants that will be able to hit the ground running for recruiting in July. I have no idea if that is what is going on, but could be.

Stringer did have three good seasons in a row before going on leave. But how can anyone argue we are in a strong position right now with an incomplete coaching staff and only 60% of a roster?

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Stringer did have three good seasons in a row before going on leave. But how can anyone argue we are in a strong position right now with an incomplete coaching staff and only 60% of a roster?
There shouldn't be an argument about how the program looks now.
It looks like a mess and the three good years before the program became a mess has little to do with the problem.
Stringer going on her LOA and no one knowing if she'd even be back caused the mess the program is now
Tim's coaching during that LOA made players leave and not knowing if CVS would be back helped ruin recruiting along with players wanting to remain in the program.

The present HC now must try and straighten out the program and find assistants to try to make RUWBB look desirable to HS talent and that won't be an easy task.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Just sitting having a cup of coffee and thought I might offer an opinion. Yes in absolute numbers it’s a disaster but in my opinion consider
Sidibe was a first team juco all american. Handled badly last year, as most
Were she looked like in 32 minute could get you 13-15 points and 5 rebounds.
Smirkle was Penn player of the year and -; ppg and 5 rebs seems achievable.
Kai Carter got about 15 points a game for a team that doesn’t score. That’s why she is here. Guess 12 ppg 4 rebounds
Streeter is a high percentage spot up three who may need to play point.
Bates is a perfect compliment type
10 Ltd per game 5-6 rebounds 3-4 steals and excellent defense
Erica Lafayette showed freshman potential but was ignored last year so???
Chyna same comments as erica

so now be careful saying there is no one out there in the portal
Two players who could found out our group are point guard Kierra Sanderlin and Sakima Walker.
I have no clue how they might feel about returning but to illustrate there are portal players out there.

every second that passes makes this harder but right now, today, there are players who can help make this a .500 team

anyway I am not a rah rah guy but am just offering a what if

Kai Carter got about 15 points a game for a team that doesn’t score. That’s why she is here. Guess 12 ppg 4 rebounds

Two players who could found out our group are point guard Kierra Sanderlin and Sakima Walker.
I have no clue how they might feel about returning but to illustrate there are portal players out there.

every second that passes makes this harder but right now, today, there are players who can help make this a .500 team

Agree 100%.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
Being able to offer playing time in a P5, first-rate facilities, proven HC, decent players already in place, and most importantly, top-tier academics, is not something that every school can do.

Yes, the inc staff is a problem that needs solving ASAP. The roster spots can be looked at as a new coaches friend when talking available scholarships.

Not expecting us to win the B1G or anything. Even if we finish in the bottom half of the conference, it can be a positive if our young players can get plenty of valuable experience. Our soon to be juniors haven't played much more than the two incoming freshman. They can benefit from plenty of minutes.

what thread was this posted in:
> MADHAT1 said:

Just sitting having a cup of coffee and thought I might offer an opinion. Yes in absolute numbers it’s a disaster but in my opinion consider <
and was that all I said or did you leave some of what I posted out.
For the life of me I don't remember posting something like that and try not to end post in the middle of what I'm trying to say.
Won't say that wasn't posted , but just want to find the thread it was in
Since you found it, please show where it was
Thanks
edit to add, looked and couldn't find that message, but with the number of messages I post not hard missing a post when looking for it.

Last edited:
What we need here, IMO, is Hobbs' support for CW. He needs to come up with the bucks to get quality assistants. WBB is in better shape than MBB when Pike took over. Hobbs gave him the money to get the quality assistants, and we were off to a better place.

I think this year might be a tough one, but I think in 2-3 years, we will be a strong team again.

what thread was this posted in:
> MADHAT1 said:

Just sitting having a cup of coffee and thought I might offer an opinion. Yes in absolute numbers it’s a disaster but in my opinion consider <
and was that all I said or did you leave some of what I posted out.
For the life of me I don't remember posting something like that and try not to end post in the middle of what I'm trying to say.
Won't say that wasn't posted , but just want to find the thread it was in
Since you found it, please show where it was
Thanks
edit to add, looked and couldn't find that message, but with the number of messages I post not hard missing a post when looking for it.
hit something in error. no idea what again sorry

Agreed. Isn’t it interesting the very same people that chastised and shouted down the people that pointed out these concerns are the ones that are most upset now.
2 posters come to mind immediately.
I was one of those. I never thought she would do something like this. She doesn't even appear in person to thank the RU community. I've lost a lot of respect for her.

Reactions: bac2therac
I was one of those. I never thought she would do something like this. She doesn't even appear in person to thank the RU community. I've lost a lot of respect for her.
Just my opinion but that seems pretty harsh considering you have no idea about her current health situation. But hey, that's just me.

you and me both.
Will argue in defense of CVS about the program's performance under her over the years .
But that's now tempered by my feelings of how Stringer decided to put her personal interest ahead of the program she was supposed to make the best it could be and be a team that the players needs came first.
When it came to be a team first player, Vivian looks like she felt she was above that type of action.

Reactions: motorb54
Just my opinion but that seems pretty harsh considering you have no idea about her current health situation. But hey, that's just me.
Yes. Think about it, we haven't heard from her since the end of Arella's final season. Nothing!! Not one word! That was, what feels like ages ago. Although I don't know for sure, but I would think her health just does not allow for the speaking engagements that we would normally expect.

She never spoke with the transfers??, never publicly spoke at a celebration for her Cheyney St Anniversary??, did not speak publicly to announce her retirement. ??? hasn't spoken to congratulate Coquese as her successor.

Heck, she didn't even look and sound right in that ad for equality that was run during the NCAA Tourney. Not sure when that was recorded.

Dawn Staley's heartfelt letter makes so much sense when you figure that was probably her reaction to realizing the extent of CVS' condition and that she wanted to, as many people say these days, give CVS her flowers while she's still here. Celebrate the close of her legendary career the right way. I love her for that.

The Viv we know would have had eloquent statements for each event. That tells me all I need to know. And there is no way that I will hold the fact that she hasn't spoken against her or see her in any negative way. Some of the negative comments posted baffled me. It's as if those who posted them must not have paid much attention to who Coach was as a person, over all those 27 years.

I'll just continue to pray for her and her family.

you and me both.
Will argue in defense of CVS about the program's performance under her over the years .
But that's now tempered by my feelings of how Stringer decided to put her personal interest ahead of the program she was supposed to make the best it could be and be a team that the players needs came first.
When it came to be a team first player, Vivian looks like she felt she was above that type of action.
No offense but that seems so off base for someone who does not know ANYTHING about her health situation.

Time to stop the CVS bashing and look to the future.

the current health situation should be considered and leeway given when it comes to involvement with the program now.
But the same health problem needs to be addressed when it comes to CVS not retiring before the program she was in charge of turned into a mess because she wouldn't give up the ghost and turn it, permanently, over to someone else.
What C.Vivian Stringer seemed to do is put her own interest ahead of the best interest of the program when her health wasn't getting back to coaching shape and she refuses to admit her coaching days has passed and now time to retire .
Leaving a mess, coaches available to replace her and hire staff / players leaving/ recruiting talent harder, when she finally admitted it was time to retire..

the current health situation should be considered and leeway given when it comes to involvement with the program now.
But the same health problem needs to be addressed when it comes to CVS not retiring before the program she was in charge of turned into a mess because she wouldn't give up the ghost and turn it, permanently, over to someone else.
What C.Vivian Stringer seemed to do is put her own interest ahead of the best interest of the program when her health wasn't getting back to coaching shape and she refuses to admit her coaching days has passed and now time to retire .
Leaving a mess, coaches available to replace her and hire staff / players leaving/ recruiting talent harder, when she finally admitted it was time to retire..
It's over. Time to give it a rest and look towards the future.

Are we gonna go thru the next year complaining about the former coach ? 2 years to complain ?

No offense but that seems so off base for someone who does not know ANYTHING about her health situation.
might be off base and true about not knowing health situation.
But I feel that CVS refused to give up on returning as the RUWBB HC for the 2022-23 season despit having a health problem that cause her to take a LOA and have the reason implied as one thing only to be denied later , making every RUWBB fan wonder WTF is going on and see her finaly retire after her absence and lack of information about it made the program a total mess from keeping players in the program, recruiting talent, hiring a replacement and hurting the new HC's ability to find quality staff quickly to help start turning the mess left into a manageable situation.

My gripe is that CVS waited to long to retire once it became obvious that her health wouldn't allow her to return as HC next year.
CVS, in my opinion , forgot about the best interest of the program coming before her own wants and put her wanting to return over the programs needs by extending the LOA she was on every time the time limit for it was reached and she still wasn't healthy enough to come back.
Or so it seems because no one knows, to my knowledge, if it was her health that caused her to retire.

I could be wrong but don;t remember hearing an official reason , with health involved, when it was announced Stringer war retiring.
I'm sure health was the reason, but for now can only speculate it was.

What happened between CVS signing her contract extenuation her officially retiring turned the program into a mess and the lack of information on the problem CVS had made me speculate she was a major reason the mess happend.
I take no pleasure saying that, but that's the way I feel now.

It's over. Time to give it a rest and look towards the future.

Are we gonna go thru the next year complaining about the former coach ? 2 years to complain ?
agree it's over and I prefer to remember all the great things our HOF HC did to make RU WBB something to be proud of when other RU Sports programs weren't doing that

might be off base and true about not knowing health situation.
But I feel that CVS refused to give up on returning as the RUWBB HC for the 2022-23 season despit having a health problem that cause her to take a LOA and have the reason implied as one thing only to be denied later , making every RUWBB fan wonder WTF is going on and see her finaly retire after her absence and lack of information about it made the program a total mess from keeping players in the program, recruiting talent, hiring a replacement and hurting the new HC's ability to find quality staff quickly to help start turning the mess left into a manageable situation.

My gripe is that CVS waited to long to retire once it became obvious that her health wouldn't allow her to return as HC next year.
CVS, in my opinion , forgot about the best interest of the program coming before her own wants and put her wanting to return over the programs needs by extending the LOA she was on every time the time limit for it was reached and she still wasn't healthy enough to come back.
Or so it seems because no one knows, to my knowledge, if it was her health that caused her to retire.

I could be wrong but don;t remember hearing an official reason , with health involved, when it was announced Stringer war retiring.
I'm sure health was the reason, but for now can only speculate it was.

What happened between CVS signing her contract extenuation her officially retiring turned the program into a mess and the lack of information on the problem CVS had made me speculate she was a major reason the mess happend.
I take no pleasure saying that, but that's the way I feel now.
It's your right to bitch and moan about it for the next year 2 years or whatever.

Another option is to let it go and focus on the future... assistant coach hires, recruits, transfer portal additions. Next years team.

Reactions: runner3283

Time to stop the CVS bashing and look to the future.
I agree. With so much unknown about her health, it's impossible to reasonably pass judgement on her. It's best left alone until you get more info.

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
It's your right to bitch and moan about it for the next year 2 years or whatever.

Another option is to let it go and focus on the future... assistant coach hires, recruits, transfer portal additions. Next years team.
not going to whine, cry and carry on about what could happen in the future, only give support to CW and despite how I feel about the past year, will always honor C.Vivian Stringer for her role in keeping the RU WBB program one to be proud of when other RU Athlete programs didn't come close to having the respect the Women's Basketball program had because of the way Stringer ran it.

Reactions: RUcrazee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT