ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Steve Pikiell expected to receive contract extension on Friday

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
Also lol that @kyk1827 is okay with having a “Rose Bowl” ceiling for football but his basketball ceiling is “natty”.

Bro I know your not a dumb dude and just love the attention in these threads but it’s really not a good look haha.

Bro that is literally proving my point.

There is wayyyy more competition when it comes to basketball because there are more schools to battle a national championship for (non-football like Nova, Gonzaga, SHU).

By you saying there have been more different teams in the final 4 for basketball than football is proving my exact point lol omg you’re the gift that keeps on giving!
Hahahahaha bro you are so not getting this. If different teams make it every year in basketball it therefore means theres more of a chance to make it since theres more parity. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving haha. Its so funny watching you try.

you are trying to argue its harder to get to a final 4 in bball than football and your evidence is that more teams make the final 4 in bball!! LOLLLLL

Hahahahaha bro you are so not getting this. If different teams make it every year in basketball it therefore means theres more of a chance to make it since theres more parity. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving haha. Its so funny watching you try.

you are trying to argue its harder to get to a final 4 in bball than football and your evidence is that more teams make the final 4 in bball!! LOLLLLL

I never mentioned final 4 at all - YOU are the one who brought that up.

I was specially talking about your statement that your basketball ceiling is a “natty” (and you pivoted to final 4).

If there are way more basketball teams who you have to compete against to win a “natty” vs. football that fully supports my point.

Thanks for doing the legwork for me lol.

I never mentioned final 4 at all - YOU are the one who brought that up.

I was specially talking about your statement that your basketball ceiling is a “natty” (and you pivoted to final 4).

If there are way more basketball teams who you have to compete against to win a “natty” vs. football that fully supports my point.

Thanks for doing the legwork for me lol.
Hahahahaha how many teams have won bball nattys the past decade? How many have won football nattys? I posted this blind in a group chat, unanimously said bball easier and said i was a dumbass for even asking hahahaha

Hahahahaha how many teams have won bball nattys the past decade? How many have won football nattys? I posted this blind in a group chat, unanimously said bball easier and said i was a dumbass for even asking hahahaha
You want stinkin facts? 6 different fb champs out of 129 teams in last 10 years. 8 different out of 359 for bball. Seems easier for football to me.

You want stinkin facts? 6 different fb champs out of 129 teams in last 10 years. 8 different out of 359 for bball. Seems easier for football to me.
Ooooof. These are all time bad takes. Anyone even trying to argue bball is harder than football to win a natty is soooo in outer space

Ooooof. These are all time bad takes. Anyone even trying to argue bball is harder than football to win a natty is soooo in outer space
Yup for those who ignore facts you can justify anything.

How about we go back to 1939. There have been 73 different basketball champs and 44 different football champions.

Given there’s more basketball teams both are very hard to do. But a larger percentage of football teams have won a championship.

Last edited:
Yup for those who ignore facts you can justify anything.
Just did a poll on the round table and 95% say football is harder. I mean its honestly not even a question haha, this is an all time bad take

How about we go back to 1939. There have been 73 different basketball champs and 44 different football champions.

Given there’s more basketball teams both are very hard to do. But a larger percentage of football teams have won a championship.
Truly just an all time bad take haha

Since the 2000 tournament won by Izzo and Michigan State, I count 14 coaches from 13 programs that have cut down the nets. UConn is the only one to have two coaches lead their program to the title.

Izzo: 2000
Krzyzewski: 2001, 2010, 2015
Gary Williams: 2002
Boeheim: 2003
Calhoun: 2004, 2011
Roy Williams: 2005, 2009, 2017
Billy Donovan: 2006, 2007
Bill Self: 2008
John Calipari: 2012
Rick Pitino: 2013
Kevin Ollie: 2014
Jay Wright: 2016, 2018
Tony Bennett: 2019
Scott Drew: 2021

Programs that won it:
Michigan State
Duke x 3
Maryland
Syracuse
UConn x 3
UNC x 3
Florida x 2
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisville
Villanova
Virginia
Baylor

(Nobody from the Conference of Champions... don't tell Walton!)

Twelve football programs won it all starting with the 2000 season:
Oklahoma, Miami, Ohio State, LSU, USC, Texas, Florida,, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia

That's basically the same, except there are more contenders in basketball even if you leave out the mid-majors and below (although Gonzaga and Butler had real chances). The Big East makes it six conferences with legit chances to win plus Gonzaga this year.

I can understand waiting until after the tournament - just to confirm we made it.
But it's hard to argue against 3 tournament level teams the past 3 years.

Alternatively, not sure why people keep mocking the "doesn't run an offense" line.
Overall: #12 - 67.7
Conference: #12 - 66.8
This is still a major problem that needs to be addressed.
Defense has been excellent - #2 overall and in conference.
If the defense slips, then we are not in a good position.

https://bigten.org/stats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2021

I can understand waiting until after the tournament - just to confirm we made it.
But it's hard to argue against 3 tournament level teams the past 3 years.

Alternatively, not sure why people keep mocking the "doesn't run an offense" line.
Overall: #12 - 67.7
Conference: #12 - 66.8
This is still a major problem that needs to be addressed.
Defense has been excellent - #2 overall and in conference.
If the defense slips, then we are not in a good position.

https://bigten.org/stats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2021
You do realize that playing great defense usually means lower scoring games and players legs are worn a bit and this effects offensive out put as well

My opinion will obviously be unpopular but I dont think this was necessary. We need to stop setting this precedent that every time a coach has a good few weeks we extend them by years and millions.

extending the years by 2 (if its that) is fine for recruiting but hopefully it doesnt give more money or increase the buy out much

Please STFU. I hate that you started the Pike contract extension thread.

I will confirm that your opinion is unpopular. I would go further to say that it is misinfomred if you beleive that Pikiell has only had a few good weeks. He has taken Rutgers from a wasteland where we barely sniffed the tournament a handful of times (and did not make it) in 30 years. He has now arguably made the tournament 3 years in a row while playing in the B1G. I welcome this extension and applaud Rutgers.

I'd even take exception to the idea that RU even got as far as barely sniffing the NCAAs for 20 years before Pike took over. Otherwise, I agree 100% with your post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT