ADVERTISEMENT

Stills has a leader

Dave, I think he commits at the BBQ next Saturday . You are going to miss our annual 'Get Together' at Stuff Yer Face next Saturday, hopefully some news filters over there.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Great news. Gotta wonder why WVU hasn't offered, though.

He will be at WVU this weekend for that elusive offer, we'll have a better idea of the situation on Monday.

Great news. Gotta wonder why WVU hasn't offered, though.
I agree...that is strange and outside us the offers are not eyeopening? Maybe the competition? NR kid !?!DTs are hard to find but i'd love Fred Hansard to come aboard soon..

If he gets the WVU offer tomorrow at their camp he's committing on the spot. As is his brother. And if not, I think he commits here and WVU will offer him later in cycle and he will flip. He wants WVU. It is what it is.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If he gets the WVU offer tomorrow at their camp he's committing on the spot. As is his brother. And if not, I think he commits here and WVU will offer him later in cycle and he will flip. He wants WVU. It is what it is.
Not sure knowing that WVU is his dream why we'd offer? At this point we need higher rated kids than WVU would recruit!!! Looking at his offer list i hope we don't waste our's or his time...I'm looking at B1Ger game!!! Losing out to them would do more harm than good at this stage!! We shouldn't play a dying conferences second fiddle....go to Marshall as a back up...

His younger brother is a 2018 4 star DE and the 2 want to play together, I see no harm in offering this kid even if we don't land him at the end, we have made up much ground with both brothers since the offer while WVU continues to drag its feet with the older brother, I think we have a good shot with both if WVU doesn't offer this weekend where the older one will probably commit to us next weekend at the BBQ, even if WVU tries to pry him away later.

People worrying about star ratings - I think when dad was an NFL veteran, star ratings mean a lot less, especially if the size and the motor are there.

Reactions: CNJKnight
4 Dead in Ohio....I love Neil Young....There is a town in North Ontario...all my changes took place there...

I'm also a ginormous Neil Young fan...particularly with Crazy Horse.
Cortez The Killer and Like a Hurricane are among my favorite all-time tunes.

I'm also a ginormous Neil Young fan...particularly with Crazy Horse.
Cortez The Killer and Like a Hurricane are among my favorite all-time tunes.

Big Neil Young fan here too, NewWaveDave is probably still sick of me playing the 'After The Gold Rush' album over and over again in the fall of 1971, 7th floor Clothier Hall. I had to put up with him playing Black Sabbath's Paranoid album , over and over, lol

Did you know? Neil Young's father was a Canadian Sportswriter. A philanderer too.

Some more tidbits :
for the anti vaxers:
'Shortly after Neil's birth in 1945, the Young family moved to the rural town of Omemee, Ontario, which Neil would later fondly describe as a "sleepy little place."[28] Young suffered from a bout of polio in 1951, in what was the last major outbreak of the disease in Ontario.[29] Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, then aged nine, also contracted the virus in this epidemic'

Neil Young was highly influenced by Bob Dylan (another of my favorites)

Neil Young played with Rick James in 1966

Neil Young a close friend of Joni Mitchell going back to childhood, they still share the same manager.

Neil Young wrote 3 of his biggest hits 'Down by the River', 'Cinnamon Girl' and 'Cowgirl in the Sand' in 1 day when he was home sick w a high fever.

Neil Young wrote the epic 'Ohio' following the Kent St student massacres.

Neil Young's band for acclaimed 'After the Gold Rush' album featured lead guitarest Nils Lofgren, who went on to fron his own terrific band, Grin, before becoming Bruce Springsteen's lead guitarest for the E Street Band. (Lofgrin another favorite of mine who I probably saw 5 times w Grin)

The release of Martin Scorsese's movie of the concert The Last Waltz was delayed while Scorsese unwillingly re-edited it to obscure the lump of cocaine that was clearly visible hanging from Young's nose during his performance of "Helpless".[

As of 2008, Young lives near[112] La Honda, California, on his Broken Arrow Ranch, named after one of his early Buffalo Springfield songs.[113] The original 140-acre (0.57 km2) parcel was purchased in 1970 for US$350,000 cash[114] and has grown to thousands of acres.[115][116][117]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young#cite_note-Exclaim-65

Reactions: RC71
Seems to me that even if he commits to us, it will be because WVU did not offer. If they do offer in the future he will flip in a nanosecond.
That seems to be the case but the longer WVU waits, if they decide to offer at all, the longer our staff will have to strengthen the relationship with both brothers and the family. That said, kids usually wait a few days for an offer after camping, the fact that he is announcing so soon points to a WVU offer yesterday.

Last edited:
I hope we land who we need to land at DT and do it by 10/28 we won't need to take his commitment. His brother is good but we have just as good kids here in NJ. He may have been offered Sat night but he didn't work out and that irked the WVU coaches. WVU recruits Jucos and kids from FL that can't get in to Florida. He's lower on their board.

The release of Martin Scorsese's movie of the concert The Last Waltz was delayed while Scorsese unwillingly re-edited it to obscure the lump of cocaine that was clearly visible hanging from Young's nose during his performance of "Helpless"
Hookers and blow are fun, but can sometimes lead to writing unnecessarily repetitive lyrics. Helpless, helpless, helpless.

Big Neil Young fan here too, NewWaveDave is probably still sick of me playing the 'After The Gold Rush' album over and over again in the fall of 1971, 7th floor Clothier Hall. I had to put up with him playing Black Sabbath's Paranoid album , over and over, lol

Did you know? Neil Young's father was a Canadian Sportswriter. A philanderer too.

Some more tidbits :
for the anti vaxers:
'Shortly after Neil's birth in 1945, the Young family moved to the rural town of Omemee, Ontario, which Neil would later fondly describe as a "sleepy little place."[28] Young suffered from a bout of polio in 1951, in what was the last major outbreak of the disease in Ontario.[29] Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, then aged nine, also contracted the virus in this epidemic'

Neil Young was highly influenced by Bob Dylan (another of my favorites)

Neil Young played with Rick James in 1966

Neil Young a close friend of Joni Mitchell going back to childhood, they still share the same manager.

Neil Young wrote 3 of his biggest hits 'Down by the River', 'Cinnamon Girl' and 'Cowgirl in the Sand' in 1 day when he was home sick w a high fever.

Neil Young wrote the epic 'Ohio' following the Kent St student massacres.

Neil Young's band for acclaimed 'After the Gold Rush' album featured lead guitarest Nils Lofgren, who went on to fron his own terrific band, Grin, before becoming Bruce Springsteen's lead guitarest for the E Street Band. (Lofgrin another favorite of mine who I probably saw 5 times w Grin)

The release of Martin Scorsese's movie of the concert The Last Waltz was delayed while Scorsese unwillingly re-edited it to obscure the lump of cocaine that was clearly visible hanging from Young's nose during his performance of "Helpless".[

As of 2008, Young lives near[112] La Honda, California, on his Broken Arrow Ranch, named after one of his early Buffalo Springfield songs.[113] The original 140-acre (0.57 km2) parcel was purchased in 1970 for US$350,000 cash[114] and has grown to thousands of acres.[115][116][117]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young

Neil gave his ranch to his ex....Peggy. He's with Darryl Hannah now.
BTW, I forgot one of my other favorite tunes... a live version of Southern Man with CSNY on Four Way Street. Every time I hear that tune with him and Stephen Stills kicking arse on guitar I get a buzz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT