ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Peter Lipari enters transfer portal

I wish Lipari well. I’ll be pulling for him wherever he ends up.

I do find it very interesting how differently the fans treat wrestling transfers vs football transfers though.

I wish Lipari well. I’ll be pulling for him wherever he ends up.

I do find it very interesting how differently the fans treat wrestling transfers vs football transfers though.

Because wrestling is a brutally tough sport (where wrestlers now need to train 12 months a year to remain competitive), and as a result, fans (most that are extremely educated in the sport) have great respect for these men and want them to succeed. Also, with Aragona taking the 141 spot, Lipari was not going to see much mat time at 141 and would not be as competitive at 149. So we are okay with him leaving. I would love to see Pete get a chance somewhere else and succeed. Nothing is worse in sports than losing your spot after working your a$$ off.​

I hope he gets a degree from Rutgers before he moves on. That means a lot . $$$$

I thought Lex's article listed him as a red shirt senior. That can't be correct if he is transferring right? He redshirts this year since he only wrestled unattached and then has one more? Or is he eligible to wrestle somewhere else this year? I guess this answers the question about where he was at our opening quad meet. Pondering his future it would appear.

I assume if he transfers now or second semester he would be elegible second semester

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT