ADVERTISEMENT

Student Section Today

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
Of course was loud but not even close to being full which to me was very disappointing
So many people complained when the football recruits took up part of the seats well if it were an issue than the student section should have been packed today no excuse for them to not show up

Of course was loud but not even close to being full which to me was very disappointing
So many people complained when the football recruits took up part of the seats well if it were an issue than the student section should have been packed today no excuse for them to not show up
Why would they show up? According to you the coach sucks, maybe they agree with you and didn’t want to waste their time.

Great post. Just has to be something to complain about after a historic win.

Playing a ranked opponent.. Knowing how Greg moves, the students probably thought their would be no room for them

• Angry
Reactions: DoyleRU
I brought some people to the game today and told them wait until you see our student section. Boy was I embarrassed and wrong. Disappointing .

It was more full with the football team. Need to host some more recruits to get some bodies in there.

Very disappointing showing from students if what everyone is saying about the attendance is true

@RutgersRiotSquad you guys need to recruit more students! We want to see a packed student section every game!
I was surprised, always heard what great support they give. I thought it would be standing room only. When I looked over plenty of open areas on the left and right sides of the stands.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg
Posted this in another thread but it applies here:

Very appreciative of the 1,000-1,200 who attend - they're the next generation of fans. But let's be honest - there are 36,000+ undergrads in NB/Piscatawy and most don't give a flying F about college basketball. That's crystal clear or it would be downright impossible for most students to get tickets.

Last edited:
Why would they show up? According to you the coach sucks, maybe they agree with you and didn’t want to waste their time.

The “Pikiell Sucks” guy has started 3 threads and people are participating. I’m disgusted.

shocking there were empties but in fairness everyone does try to fit in the middle section and I think we gave away some seats too. I know its a noon game but the late arrival is annoying. Big game, get there early to rev the atmosphere up, more important than football where they get there early then leave at halftime

the rac students are not as good as the 2020 crowd where covid derailed the ncaa tourney

Reactions: FastMJ and DoyleRU
Student section has been good all year but disappointing today. Good weather. No excuses. Better redeem themselves on Thursday.

Ehhh. I was about until 7pm on campus and Easton Ave all day today. Seemed like a really dead campus today. Guess a lot of kids went home or something ?!?
This. My son and I biked thru Livingston campus before the game and for the most part, the campus was a freakin' ghost town. And all I could think to myself was "Yup, still a damn commuter school." Sigh.

Reactions: FastMJ and DoyleRU
Never in doubt. No matter how well we play in a win over a ranked team, Rich the douche, I mean dentist, will rush here to complain about this or that. What a horrible life you lead.

Few minutes before the game it was 6-7 rows open - so from that standpoint lighter than usual; noticed left side had some guests; but as the game got going it was pretty much filled; and they were very loud and brought major energy; In general it was a later arriving crowd.

Reactions: carmenst
According to the Rutgers athletics department, the student section was full. They announced another 8,000 attendance sell out.

• Haha
This should end any ideas of putting student behind opposing bench. Regular fans bring more energy
I think it is a foregone conclusion that they move students to the sideline, which will be a mistake that angers those already
There
And then expect those long time fans pay much more while being pushed back by standing students in front of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT