ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd Today on National TV

rutgersron

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2012
Old Bridge
I was at the game today and the RAC was finally the RAC again except for the 1/3 of the student section for football players. Did it seem wild and loud on national TV? We put on a good show in the 2nd half and hoped this came thru on TV.

I was at the game today and the RAC was finally the RAC again except for the 1/3 of the student section for football players. Did it seem wild and loud on national TV? We put on a good show in the 2nd half and hoped this came thru on TV.
It looked great

Reactions: Scangg and RU MAN
Honestly, didn't know part of the student section was roped off. Crowd size looked great and volume was strong in second half.

Reactions: Scangg
Crowd looked good on the broadcast. Announcers referenced it several times.

Would’ve been 10x louder and more amazing if the offense and shooting was even respectable. A couple points it seemed like the lid was ready to blow

Reactions: satnom
I am convinced they do something with the microphones to muffle the crowd noise.

Because my daughter kept asking me questions during the game and my ear was cupped right next to her mouth and I could not hear a word she was saying. Then you watch the highlights and the crowd sounds like a low buzzing sound.

Reactions: S_Janowski
I am convinced they do something with the microphones to muffle the crowd noise.

Because my daughter kept asking me questions during the game and my ear was cupped right next to her mouth and I could not hear a word she was saying. Then you watch the highlights and the crowd sounds like a low buzzing sound.
It makes sense that the crowd noise is muffled at times, and not for just us
After decades of broadcasting games, many times from the front side rows of arenas, the tv stations have learned what to do in order to have their broadcasters heard

It might be something the broadcasters can control themselves on the floor
If they didn't have it, it would be tough for those at home to listen to, the viewing gets annoying

It makes sense that the crowd noise is muffled at times, and not for just us
After decades of broadcasting games, many times from the front side rows of arenas, the tv stations have learned what to do in order to have their broadcasters heard

It might be something the broadcasters can control themselves on the floor
If they didn't have it, it would be tough for those at home to listen to, the viewing gets annoying
Radio/tv announcers don't sit courtside at the RAC .They are located in front of 200 seating rows across the court from team seating.

Radio/tv announcers don't sit courtside at the RAC .They are located in front of 200 seating rows across the court from team seating.
I know, but it was done at other arenas in the past

I am pretty sure the tv stations figured out decades ago that they had to dumb down the crowd noise

I know, but it was done at other arenas in the past

I am pretty sure the tv stations figured out decades ago that they had to dumb down the crowd noise
I disagree because at certain games in football and hoops it sounds super loud at times.

Was definitely loud yday in person.

I've always thought that about Mackey too... it never sounds that loud to me on TV. You'd think they could figure out a better balance

Reactions: KevH
I was at the game and watched the replay. I thought the broadcast did justice to the environment.

Aren't the only microphones/cameras at THE RAC in the press box which is why it almost always sounds a lot quieter than it actually is? With football there's a difference as well, depending on if they're using field mic's or not to capture sound and, IIRC, not all broadcasts do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT