ADVERTISEMENT

OSU And Michigan National TV Spring Games On Fox

Ehhh espn has done this for years and it’s always super boring…the most excitement to come out of a spring game was when Nebraska had 90K+ at one of their games.

Again…ehhh

Had the Colorado Spring game last year with HC Sanders.. 70,000 in the stadium

The OSU Spring game is usually covered every year by one network or another, He!!, IF THE WEATHER IS NICE, they'll pack anywhere from 70, 000 to 100,000 at that glorified practice. And it's legit as fans pay $5 to get in - it's not an estimate. They've drawn several 60,000 to 75,000 at their Spring game when their northern weather is wet, cold and crappy

But the real determining factor - they have the largest fan base by far. TV networks want eyeballs and putting OSU on TV brings in massive eyeballs.

That's awesome
Love me some spring football

Nice weather
Grilling, tailgating, seeing old friends

And most importantly...football
Yes, it's watered down
But who cares; it's still football

And having gone nearly 4 months without it by the time we kick off, and another 4 until opening weekend kickoff, I can't wait

That's awesome
Love me some spring football

Nice weather
Grilling, tailgating, seeing old friends

And most importantly...football
Yes, it's watered down
But who cares; it's still football

And having gone nearly 4 months without it by the time we kick off, and another 4 until opening weekend kickoff, I can't wait
My son went to OSU (I'm Northwestern) and he goes every year. We went to that 100,000 game - the weather was perfect - and it was packed with probably another 10 to 15,000 partying-grilling outside the stadium. That fan base obviously doesn't find that game-practice boring and are obsessed with their Buckeyes.

Now, if there is crappy April weather, they might draw 60 to 65000. But on a perfect day, it's insane

My son went to OSU (I'm Northwestern) and he goes every year. We went to that 100,000 game - the weather was perfect - and it was packed with probably another 10 to 15,000 partying-grilling outside the stadium. That fan base obviously doesn't find that game-practice boring and are obsessed with their Buckeyes.

Now, if there is crappy April weather, they might draw 60 to 65000. But on a perfect day, it's insane
That’s what it’s all about right there
Great friends, great food, great traditions, and football
Nothing beats that

I am embarrassed to admit that I went to the Penn State spring game last year with my son. The weather was horrible, with a cold driving rain from 8 am right until kickoff. They still had 50 k in the building.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT