ADVERTISEMENT

Students/band...

“We will never have a massive student section since 1/4-1/3 of t is taken up for the band” .. you realize that the band is also students, just they’re allowed to bring in instruments. And they are some of the most passionate student fans overall, both men’s, and womens (when 0 other students show up).

I do understand that & sorry if that came off wrong by no means discouraging those who put the sacrifice of time & effort into that. Totally agree that they typically are the most vocal & energetic. It was more so to say non spirit squad students. I wish the student section was full of students just as energetic as them but that seems like a challenge. Winning cures that for sure. We also do a number of group sales or programs for some youths that have seating in those sections so that impacts the potential as well.

The RAC has been fun in spurts over the years, all while we've been historically bad. If there is a game that is remotely serious (tourne bid, top 25 match up, etc), God help that opponent in there.
+1

Imagine Louisville where the sound has nowhere to go except back down to the court.

For us it will be cathartic and fun at the same time. And scary for the opponent and their fans.

this...its terrible..can anyone give me a reason and dont tell me safety and security because I see plenty of schools have seats right up to the edge not to mention we actually have chaired seats basically on the floor right now along the sideline. Have to put these seats back

It was not like that for when we upset Nova and stormed the court in 2011. Pretty sure they took away the seats the following year and started making the students go up a staircase....my guess would be safety reasons which is crap.

No reason that they can’t add a few more rows. The cheerleaders don’t need 20 feet of space behind the basket.

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT