ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano makes his Rutgers debut -- in Yankee Stadium!

Rutgers Wrestling season tickets are only $90. Ticket office is open Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00 at 866-445-4678.

NH0zEjj.gif

Reactions: MikeR0102
Is this the kid that last I heard was trying for a transfer? I guess he got it?

So will they also televise the wrestling match?

Kid will be Rutgers first national champion...mark it down
He's got a great shot. Have to think he is a 2 seed at worst.

I'm not going to shed a tear for his old team though. That lineup of theirs is still silly good.

He would be the first NCAA national champion. Winfrey did not win a NCAA title but did win an AAU national championship.

Elliott Quow won the 200 meters at the 1983 NCAA championships. Alexis Jemal won a 2003 NCAA title in fencing. But if you really want to argue with me, fine. Have it your way.

Last edited:
Elliott Quow won the 200 meters at the NCAA championships. Alexis Jemal won a 2003 NCAA title in fencing. But if you really want to argue with me, fine. Have it your way.
I'm assuming he was talking about wrestling

I'm assuming he was talking about wrestling
Could be so. Since they're talking wrestling on a football board - which is all good, of course - I figured they were taking a broader, multi-sport view. And I have seen folks on here ask that same question, of "if Rutgers has ever won a title", or "when was the last time a Rutgers athlete won a championship?" etc etc etc.

That what I assumed also since it was a thread about wrestling.
He will also likely be an MMA champion...I've heard that rather than training in the offseason with the PSU wrestling club that his father put him into MMA training (as well as training with the Rutgers wrestling club) which was another factor in his friction with the PSU coaching staff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT