ADVERTISEMENT

Taquan Woodley

Guessing Pike will wait to see what the Cali JUCO does this Saturday before moving on Woodley (if he's inclined to at all - can't recall whether we were real active in Woodley's recruitment before he committed to PSU).

Just for informational purposes, most may already know this, but Taquan Woodley's Camden team beat Cliff's Roselle Catholic team 63-51 back in January on a neutral court. (Looks like Woodley was a little more active offensively, and Cliff more active defensively...)

Woodley's stats: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 assist, 2 steals.

Cliff's stats: 7 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 1 assist.

WW7I7CKSKFHS5N4D6FXVV4I3VM.png
UUKTL2EDNVBZPIXXWO6RLA36PI.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: RutHut
I think he’s more of a true, old school PF, almost an undersized C, correct? Pike seems to want a stretch 4, combo F type though.

Last edited:
I was just going to make a thread on this. Would be a nice grab if the juco goes elsewhere

Reactions: itsRtime
Has Rutgers ever had a Camden NJ athlete on its basketball roster? Is Rutgers football assistant Fran Brown able to help here to open some doors and change some ways of thinking?

Reactions: shields
Has Rutgers ever had a Camden NJ athlete on its basketball roster? Is Rutgers football assistant Fran Brown able to help here to open some doors and change some ways of thinking?

Only south Jersey guy I can even think of is Farmer.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Is there any chance that our staff doesn’t pursue Woodley because Big Ten basketball coaches do not poach other Big Ten team’s commits? I’m guessing the answer is a resounding NO.

It would be nice to add another Jersey guy to our team. He is a good scorer and rebounder and he should know Cliff well.

Is there any chance that our staff doesn’t pursue Woodley because Big Ten basketball coaches do not poach other Big Ten team’s commits? I’m guessing the answer is a resounding NO.

Well since the kid decommitted from PSU, he's no longer off limits even under such a gentlemen's agreement.

Reactions: shields
Well since the kid decommitted from PSU, he's no longer off limits even under such a gentlemen's agreement.
Unless someone from our staff talked to him and/or his folks and/or friends. Someone had to have gotten in his ear before reminding him that Chambers departure leaves the door open for Woodley.
Is he a good friend of the young Wagner? That could help Woodley as well.

Unless someone from our staff talked to him and/or his folks and/or friends. Someone had to have gotten in his ear before reminding him that Chambers departure leaves the door open for Woodley.
Is he a good friend of the young Wagner? That could help Woodley as well.

Wagner's recruitment isn't going to be affected by some random 3* two classes ahead. Plus he's probably jumping straight to the NBA anyway because they're likely to end one-and-done.

South Jersey doesn't produce a ton of D1 hoops talent compared to North Jersey. Wrestling is a much more competitive sport in South Jersey in HS in the winter.
Not True At All🤣🤣🤣
Camden alone puts out kids. Camden Catholic had 1 last year. Wildwood Catholic had 2
And that's just a few

Woodley released his top 5. We're not involved

Georgia
Temple
St Johns
St Joe's
South Carolina

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT