ADVERTISEMENT

Teams w the most consecutive games w/out 300 yd passer - Power 4

I’ll simply this for you. It’s actually an idiot test. Is AK an overall upgrade over GW? Yes or no??
I guess it’s a slight upgrade in terms of points so far. We are avg under 19 pts per game vs P4 this year. Last year it was 17.

What about Va Tech? 16-25, 64%, 269yds, 0 Int? Avg'd less that 3 YPC so a lot of it was on his shoulders.
We scored more points against Tech last year. Like I said, he pads the stats but actual result is that much different

ETA GW accounted for 2 TDs against Tech last year.

I don’t think so. AK beat UW that we would not beat with GW. But think we beat UCLA with the power running game. Net neutral.
Ha-ha . AK had 287 yards passing and 23 net rushing v. UCLA. Over 300 yards total offense. I can see there’s no changing your mind.

Bottom line, he’s gone and still one of the worst throwing QBs in the country.There’s no changing that fact either. I wish him well with that Kentucky degree.

Ha-ha . AK had 287 yards passing and 23 net rushing v. UCLA. Over 300 yards total offense. I can see there’s no changing your mind.

Bottom line, he’s gone and still one of the worst throwing QBs in the country.There’s no changing that fact either. I wish him well with that Kentucky degree.
Again, I’m not saying we want GW back. Just wish our portal QB was not a backup at a bottom tier B1G school.

ETA if I didn’t add UCLA game to the scoring avg, we are only avg 16 pts a game. That’s a less than last year and we didn’t play Iowa, Mich, PSU and OSU.

Reactions: NickRU714
Not in the area that matters most. We got an upgrade at WR and pas

We scored more points against Tech last year. Like I said, he pads the stats but actual result is that much different

ETA GW accounted for 2 TDs against Tech last year.
You are looking silly here with your pads his stats comment.

And you can't compare last year VT with this year. They are much improved. Their red zone defense is 5th in FBS, and Nebraska is stout too. Last year VT was 107 is red zone defense. We can pay the stats many ways to fit our agenda, but you are going out of your way here.

Reactions: TRU2RU
You are looking silly here with your pads his stats comment.

And you can't compare last year VT with this year. They are much improved. Their red zone defense is 5th in FBS, and Nebraska is stout too. Last year VT was 107 is red zone defense. We can pay the stats many ways to fit our agenda, but you are going out of your way here.
I didn’t bring up V Tech. Someone else did. Like I said, scoring average is 19 vs 17. Is that the improvement we need it?

What? Did you see their defensive numbers?
We played against much better Ds last year and avg 17 pts against P4. This year, we haven’t played any top Ds and can only avg 19 pts. Those are facts. The O and AK can move the ball between the 30s. But is absolutely terrible in the red zone.

We played against much better Ds last year and avg 17 pts against P4. This year, we haven’t played any top Ds and can only avg 19 pts. Those are facts. The O and AK can move the ball between the 30s. But is absolutely terrible in the red zone.
Felter major loss in OL. That's another fact. All facts matter, not cherry picked facts.

I think AK is better than GW.
But he isn’t much better . Surely , not better enough to run GW off
Disagree. Stupid move by coaches to give Gavin all the chances when he never showed improvement, while giving Simon and Snyder crumbs. Both having very good seasons. Snyder may hit 3000 yards passing for season again. Save the lower level football argument. His line and skill positions are lower level too.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Yards accounted for vs VA Tech

Gavin - 133

Aiden - 285
Thats Athan. But great post!

Go Blazing Saddles GIF

Disagree. Stupid move by coaches to give Gavin all the chances when he never showed improvement, while giving Simon and Snyder crumbs. Both having very good seasons. Snyder may hit 3000 yards passing for season again. Save the lower level football argument. His line and skill positions are lower level too.
You disagree with what part , that AK is not much better to kick GW out ?

Scoring is harder when OL sucks. How about we start picking on Monangai for the lack of running production. It is that AK's fault too?
More stats for you. KM is on pace to exceed rushing total from last year.

2023: 1262 yds
2024: 931 yds with 4 more games

The rushing yards we are missing is the 497 yds from GW.

I raised this point when we picked AK as starter. We all knew he was a better passer but was it enough to offset the rushing benefits from GW. The answer is NO.

I guess it’s a slight upgrade in terms of points so far. We are avg under 19 pts per game vs P4 this year. Last year it was 17.
Yeah but we scored defensive points last year too. We have no take aways that put us in scoring position and probably sit in dead last in FBS in non-offensive scores in general (special teams, pick six, etc). That was not the case last year.

Additionally - we have gone for it many times in scoring position where we could’ve chosen to put 3 points on the board whereas that wasn’t the case last year at all. While we haven’t done well in the red zone, we’ve been in the position to score points a whole lot more this season. Thats the bottom line. It’s not even close.

With last year’s D this team would have 2 more wins. The offense is significantly upgraded and it’s a farce to suggest the protection is better this year without Felter. We also have no tight ends, lost our back up RB and truthfully, you make Miller out to be this major star meanwhile whenever Dremel is getting a shot he’s executing just fine.

I already said AK is great padding the stats but can’t score the ball in the red zone. Perfect example is GW accounted for 2 TDs vs 0 for AK against V Tech.
You're not padding stats when you win by 3. Was it padding stats when he hit Strong for a 63 yard gain that set up the game winning FG? Aiden accounted for more than double the yards against a better, more experienced Va Tech team at Va Tech.

Yeah but we scored defensive points last year too. We have no take aways that put us in scoring position and probably sit in dead last in FBS in non-offensive scores in general (special teams, pick six, etc). That was not the case last year.

Additionally - we have gone for it many times in scoring position where we could’ve chosen to put 3 points on the board whereas that wasn’t the case last year at all. While we haven’t done well in the red zone, we’ve been in the position to score points a whole lot more this season. Thats the bottom line. It’s not even close.

With last year’s D this team would have 2 more wins. The offense is significantly upgraded and it’s a farce to suggest the protection is better this year without Felter. We also have no tight ends, lost our back up RB and truthfully, you make Miller out to be this major star meanwhile whenever Dremel is getting a shot he’s executing just fine.
Did we score defensive points? I only remember the block punt in the MSU game for TD.

More stats for you. KM is on pace to exceed rushing total from last year.

2023: 1262 yds
2024: 931 yds with 4 more games

The rushing yards we are missing is the 497 yds from GW.

I raised this point when we picked AK as starter. We all knew he was a better passer but was it enough to offset the rushing benefits from GW. The answer is NO.
As he should without Michigan, PSU, Iowa and Ohio State on the schedule

You're not padding stats when you win by 3. Was it padding stats when he hit Strong for a 63 yard gain that set up the game winning FG? Aiden accounted for more than double the yards against a better, more experienced Va Tech team at Va Tech.
I agree he didn’t pad the stats against V Tech. 16/25 for 269 yds with no TDs. Ok numbers.

Point is AK is not the upgrade we needed. The only reason we took him is because of his prior history with KC and we were too cheap to pay for a real QB.
Your last point may well be true, but disagree on first. If nothing else, RU has developed a functional passing offense.

I wanted Diego Pavia here, but doubt Greg would have taken Jerry Kill as part of the package

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Did we score defensive points? I only remember the block punt in the MSU game for TD.

We intercepted many passes and started scoring drives deep in opponent territory (FGs in that situation are defensive points in my opinion). Even TDs. Gavin led far fewer drives to put us in scoring position. Not close. He could not have helped us this year. We would be worse off with him instead of AK for sure. That’s not to say that there aren’t far better solutions than AK, but Gavin isn’t it. Even on those design runs, due to injury we don’t have the personnel to block for him as effectively this year.

We intercepted many passes and started scoring drives deep in opponent territory (FGs in that situation are defensive points in my opinion). Even TDs. Gavin led far fewer drives to put us in scoring position. Not close. He could not have helped us this year. We would be worse off with him instead of AK for sure. That’s not to say that there aren’t far better solutions than AK, but Gavin isn’t it. Even on those design runs, due to injury we don’t have the personnel to block for him as effectively this year.
If Gavin had fewer drives and still avg almost the same amount of points, it’s not a good fact to support your case. The D was much better last year but we also faced much better D. Not sure why everyone is in denial about AK and the O. Red zone efficiency is absolutely terrible. If UCLA didn’t play prevent to allow us score 14 pts at the end to make it look better, we are avg less points than last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT