ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee recruiting NJ

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
Have they got a lot of big name recruits from NJ in the last 15 years?
I would think that as an Anonymod you would have access to that information.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Tennessee's new Football Training Center is insane...believe it opened 2 years ago or so.

The video/animation of the place was incredible when it came out a few years ago...still looks amazing today.

How does one say No to this? (Many have done so, mostly because of all the coaching changes of late)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw4OdUaVmEA

Originally posted by Knight_Light:
Tennessee's new Football Training Center is insane...believe it opened 2 years ago or so.

The video/animation of the place was incredible when it came out a few years ago...still looks amazing today.

How does one say No to this? (Many have done so, mostly because of all the coaching changes of late)

I may be in the minority, but I don't think its that hard to say no to. At the end of the day, you can make it as pretty as you want, but scholarship athletes still have to practice, train and lift weights. Once the facilities are comfortable and have enough space and equipment, its all just window dressing. People get disillusioned by all the nonsense, but really college where you are comfortable and feel at home is way more important than which team has the nicest weight room.

Originally posted by Ole Cabbagehead:

I may be in the minority, but I don't think its that hard to say no to. At the end of the day, you can make it as pretty as you want, but scholarship athletes still have to practice, train and lift weights. Once the facilities are comfortable and have enough space and equipment, its all just window dressing. People get disillusioned by all the nonsense, but really college where you are comfortable and feel at home is way more important than which team has the nicest weight room.
Tenn has a great FB history, in a rabid conference called the SEC, with incredible facilities better weather and incredible coeds...........yeah EASY to say no,,thats why we are CLEANING UP and keeping NJ recruits at home/because its easy to say NO to storied teams,,,,,uh huh

If that were the case and it truly was about where you feel at home the most, colleges would not be spending millions upon millions to have the flashiest facilities in the world every 5 years.

Best TN Football Player out of NJ was

and this is from a TN Fan and someone who knows him.....

Best Fullback ever in TN history!!!!!

Amsler

Originally posted by MGSA99:
If that were the case and it truly was about where you feel at home the most, colleges would not be spending millions upon millions to have the flashiest facilities in the world every 5 years.
That's why the call it the "Arms Race"...as basically every major football and basketball program are spending crazy money to update their facilities...as even top teams have to have GREAT facilities to get good recruits.

Originally posted by Ole Cabbagehead:

Same could be said about cars? As long as it gets you from point a to b isn't that all that matters? You still have people drooling over Mercedes, BMWs ect. High school kids will always be drawn to shinny things.

Tenn has been stealing from Kansas also with a 4 star DE that committed to Kansas and a starting player transferring from Kansas.

That's just comical. So much excess.

I mean Rutgers' facilities aren't even bad. The Hale Center is very nice and really has everything you need for a power 5 football team. But, comparing it to Tennessee's facilities is a joke. It's just a completely different world and culture there. While football at Rutgers is a big deal, football at Tennessee is EVERYTHING. I can't believe the amount of money that has gone into those facilities. It's almost sickening.

Savage- do you have twitter? If so, please find whatever JG's handle is on it and go make the 'guidoland' remark to him. Go tell him what you think of the state he was born and raised in, and the state his family comes from.

...and gotta laugh any time someone tries to use the 'women' angle in terms of location.. Newsflash: attractive women live in numerous areas of the country. Tennessee doesn't exactly have the market cornered there...but I do think it's even funnier that you used a 'guido' remark, yet the Tennessee girls in the pic look like they got hit by a jumbo-bottle of bronzer.

Joe P.

This post was edited on 4/15 8:55 PM by JoeRU0304

Matt Simms transferred to Tenn after being forced out of Texas. He started his junior year and was an average QB but didn't start his senior year.

Originally posted by JoeRU0304:
Savage- do you have twitter? If so, please find whatever JG's handle is on it and go make the 'guidoland' remark to him. Go tell him what you think of the state he was born and raised in, and the state his family comes from.

...and gotta laugh any time someone tries to use the 'women' angle in terms of location.. Newsflash: attractive women live in numerous areas of the country. Tennessee doesn't exactly have the market cornered there...but I do think it's even funnier that you used a 'guido' remark, yet the Tennessee girls in the pic look like they got hit by a jumbo-bottle of bronzer.

Joe P.

This post was edited on 4/15 8:55 PM by JoeRU0304
I guess this guy who comitted to Tennessee today is obllvious to how anyone like him who is not Tony Hotshot QB is viewed by many of the rednecks.

Originally posted by sct1111:

That's just comical. So much excess.

I mean Rutgers' facilities aren't even bad. The Hale Center is very nice and really has everything you need for a power 5 football team. But, comparing it to Tennessee's facilities is a joke. It's just a completely different world and culture there. While football at Rutgers is a big deal, football at Tennessee is EVERYTHING. I can't believe the amount of money that has gone into those facilities. It's almost sickening.
Yes, Tennessee spends a ton of $$$ on their football program...but they also spent/spending a ton of $$$ on their hoop program too.

In the late 80's, they built the largest basketball arena (specific) in the country, which held more than 25,000 fans.

In 2007-2008, they spent $$$$ on a major renovation of much of the arena...bringing in high revenue amenities (new suites/clubs/scoreboards/concessions/seating, etc...).

Before renovation:
thompson_boling.jpg

After:
tb01.jpg

Now Tennessee is spending another $15 Million for more renovations to their hoop arena.

Also, believe Tennessee built the largest college basketball practice facility (over 70,000 sq ft) that opened a few years ago....thats has everything any program (mens and women) would ever need.

mural07_5794838_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

4642915115_3074d82f80.jpg

Bruce Pearl once had a 96% home winning percentage during a 50 game stretch...but that program came crashing down due to a BBQ and now, it faces the unknown due to their recent coaches violations at Southern Miss (was forced to resign).

All of the above was on top of their recent $130 Million football stadium renovation.

Bottom line...Tennessee spends $$$ on other things besides football. (Tennessee recently spent $16 Million renovation on their baseball stadium, which wasn't that old, was built in 1999...as they added Club Box Seats, Club Room, etc...for top boosters).

Wide_Angle_Baseball.jpg_620_345_crop.1

70355618.jpg

Baseball stadium club room, where those that purchase these $1,650 season tix ($1,000 booster fee plus $650 per tix), can wait out rain delays or escape the heat)

mvp-3a.jpeg_620_345_crop.1

more pics of girls in sundresses.....

hnnggggg
This post was edited on 4/17 8:06 AM by Rokodesh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT