ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Illinois

CPCU

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2003
Now it is in Rutgers' hands to finish 3rd overall and with a little help finish second.

Yeah Ohio State loss

U live by a freshman u die by a freshman they really Ded her up Tiffiney that is

Not much difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd excpt for prestige. Either way we get the bye and avoid meeting Maryland until the final game at which time all the pressure will be on Maryland and I like to think this team AND coach will not lose a third time.

Mitchell is a chucker. Anybody notice the man sitting in the bench next to the head coach? It's her father, and she gave her verbal after they hired him. Hmmmm.

Illinois has a player who can hit deep threes and they played good defense. They had a poor record while one of their stars was injured, now with her back they look good. We will have our hands full on Tuesday.

I was rooting against tOS for obvious reasons so I did enjoy the game.

Michigan could have pushed Northwestern back a spot but, with a lead, missed four free throws at the end.

RU controls its own destiny - need to win out IL and NW both could be tough.

It does make a difference We want the 3rd seed, that way, if luck is with us we wont see the top seed till the final game.
os
The coach at Ohio State is know to be one of those who walks a fine line on recruiting, crossing the line on occasions.
I don't like him, never did, as I think he is a sleeze.

Originally posted by redshoes:

It does make a difference We want the 3rd seed, that way, if luck is with us we wont see the top seed till the final game.
You always want the easier path - each win in the conference tournament is a big help for seeding.

Neither 2nd or 3rd seed would see 1 seed until the final game. It is the 4 seed you want to avoid because you would see 1 seed in semi finals.

Although finishing at 2 or 3 is clearly better than 4, even with the double bye it's impossible at this point to project who we would play in our first tournament game. We'd probably want to avoid playing Nebraska again.

This post was edited on 2/15 12:34 AM by dmd78

Just about impossible to think we will climb to the 2 seed
Iowa would need to lose three times and we would need to win out.
Better if Iowa beats those teams around us that could challenge for the 3 seed.
Iowa plays Minnesota twice and Ohio State, plus Indiana and Wisconsin.
See the Standings thread.

As long as we don't finish in 4t place I'm happy. I feel confident we can get to the finals of the B1G and if that means facing Maryland again at a neutral site, then I say, BRING IT ON! And bring on the 55!

Originally posted by redshoes:

os
The coach at Ohio State is know to be one of those who walks a fine line on recruiting, crossing the line on occasions.
I don't like him, never did, as I think he is a sleeze.
redshoes
Just to be clear "if" every higher seed wins out the #1 & #4 seed and the #2 & #3 seeds will play in the semi-finals. The #2 & #3 seeds are in the alternate bracket. As someone stated all the games will be tough but I prefer to compete in the toughest game for the Championship which will only enhance our NCAA seeding win or lose.

Illinois is the strangest team in the Big Ten.
Beat Ohio State yesterday.
Beat Minnesota by 26 points a week and a half ago.
In between lost to Indiana by 27.
Manic -depressive????
Let's hope the manic team that beat Ohio St and Minny
doesn't show on Tuesday but the depressive team that faced Indiana does.

Originally posted by motorb54:

Illinois is the strangest team in the Big Ten.
Beat Ohio State yesterday.
Beat Minnesota by 26 points a week and a half ago.
In between lost to Indiana by 27.
Manic -depressive????
Let's hope the manic team that beat Ohio St and Minny
doesn't show on Tuesday but the depressive team that faced Indiana does.
All of the upset wins were at home. Their only B10 road win was against Penn State.

Also, Crawford was back for the OSU game. She missed a few due to injury, not sure how many, but her absence may have cost the Illini a few games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT