ADVERTISEMENT

The Bonnie loss sucked, but SFA is a good win

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
They were experienced and we are not. They were smart defensively. We found a way to win. End of story. Lots of room for improvement still.

They were undefeated. Liked seeing us hit those free throws at the end

They were experienced and we are not. They were smart defensively. We found a way to win. End of story. Lots of room for improvement still.
On a positive side, they had averaged 88 points a game. We held them to 57. Pretty damn good tonight. On a negative note, we HAVE TO shoot better from the charity stripe.

This team needs to stop getting complacent when they build up a lead.
Well, that is on Pike and the staff. They have to drum it into these kids heads to NOT get complacent. They need to learn how to not only finish, but when a team is down and you have your foot on their neck (sorry for this image) but we can't let them up.

. We had a hideous number of turnovers and STILL won by double digits. I am not unhappy with the game outcome. My main concern now is consistency from game to game.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Take the win and be happy while realizing that improvement still is needed in half court offense and defending without fouling.

Saw a lot improvement on D. Namely closing out or stopping threes. A guy was always there. We need to bolster up the paint but I assume the lineups will be tooled to the opponent. This makes the Bonnie loss feel worse imo bc that’s a team I think we should handle.

Reactions: bac2therac
it wasn't so much that we were complacent. rather, it was a lack of leadership on the floor. i have come to the conclusion that geo does not need to bring the ball up the floor, but he does need to control the action in half court. young especially seems oblivious to anything but dribbling into the lane to see if he can get fouled or get lucky.

Reactions: Rutgers25
A good team has the ability to make a team that overplays off the ball like that pay.

Either we don’t have players with skill sets to take advantage or the coaching staff did a bad job.

Maybe 2 days was not enough time in between games

A good team has the ability to make a team that overplays off the ball like that pay.

Either we don’t have players with skill sets to take advantage or the coaching staff did a bad job.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday is three days.

This was a game that I was worried about losing. Good win against a good mid-major.

They are not mid major.

We are f'd if we call beating quad 4 teams by 12 at home a good win. You play like we did in the B1G 20 game schedule you are looking square in the face of a 3 win season.

They are not mid major.

We are f'd if we call beating quad 4 teams by 12 at home a good win. You play like we did in the B1G 20 game schedule you are looking square in the face of a 3 win season.

there are a lot teams early season that dont look good...did UNC only beat Elon by 14. I know what you are saying but this game was really never in doubt. I take it you never watched the Bryant game because that performance was woeful. We looked 10x better last night.

SF Austin has a very good program. This was a dangerous game. I do not think we saw their best, some of that was probably a result of RU defense, some self inflicted

I am going to eagerly watch how SFA plays Duke next week....

Good win but I hope they take better care of the ball! SFA made them pay for laziness at times while at other times SFA is good at forcing a turnover.

People talk about killer instinct but I think that just takes time and maturation... I’d love to see it this year but we may be a year away...

Let’s not forget we are, as Pike says, a young team.

Hi Green. What’s up. How you doin tonight.

I thought the way they played D was gimmicky and any skilled team would shred it

It is something you don’t see everyday.

Giving up 80 to the Bonnies feels like an outlier now. Gave up 71 Bryant (can be forgiven in first game of the year), then 39, 57, 57 (to SFA) and 58.

Reactions: JQRU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT