ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball The latest on Rutgers Basketball's 2023-24 schedule

Michigan State is a projected 1 seed on many "way too early " NCAA items and I want to believe Purdue is a Top 10-15 opponent. I don't see any way the schedule isn't in line with a Top 25-30 national range, once all the games and actual 2023-24 kenpom ratings are finished.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Hi Richie. Thanks for the above update. So presumably 2 more games to schedule : potentially a road game out west and I’m sure another home q3 / q4 game ?

Based on prior years , fully confirmed schedule should be known later this month

Michigan State is a projected 1 seed on many "way too early " NCAA items and I want to believe Purdue is a Top 10-15 opponent. I don't see any way the schedule isn't in line with a Top 25-30 national range, once all the games and actual 2023-24 kenpom ratings are finished.
It doesn't matter. I mean, overall SOS is the only thing that should matter but the committee has shown over and over again that they will use non-conference SOS against teams so teams would be wise to shore that up so that the committee can't ding them for it.

No kidding. The committee isn't logical when it comes to this though.
It is logical, because conferences can be underrated or overrated, and the non-conference games provide a good measuring stick to help evaluate teams, but if you only play cupcakes, those games are worthless.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT