ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-EASTERN MICHIGAN PREDICTION THREAD

Anderson booms a 70 yard punt to pin EMU at the 2. Turay with the safety. Rutgers wins 2-0:sunglasses:

Reactions: goru1869
From what I understand, EMU has a good senior QB, returns a lot of defensive starters, but should struggle on both lines. This game scares me - wish we were playing Morgan State first. But RU ultimately wins by more than a TD. 31-18.

Reactions: FlyEMUEagles
One of these 2 teams will win and the fans of the team that lost will not be happy! If r.u. is the loser..... holy sheet.

What I want to see: building off a solid performance this week, a complete game of domination of an inferior opponent, Bolin taking shots down field, a special teams score, and a stifling defense against a decent experienced QB RU 35-EMU 13

What I expect: Ash to continue to play conservative not letting Kill off the leash...special teams still needing work, defense wins this one with Bolin managing he game and getting more production from Edwards and Martin RU 24-EMU 10

I also predict we will see J Lewis enter the game in 3rd and Short inside EMU territory or at the goal line to run a Read-Option as he is the bigger QB and could power his way to a first down...just hope they let him throw a bit so it's not like Oden and the defense knows it's a running play

We win. Will be closer than people want/expect into the 3rd but we wear them down. Team is young and needs to learn to win. Think this season will be filled with hills and valleys. We are pointed in the right direction though.

Reactions: newell138
We are playing angry on the lines and at RB, as well as DB, and are hungry for a decisive win. We can open the passing game up now that Kill knows some of what our guys can do against another team, so I expect Washington to have a good game and Harris/Grant to stretch their defense. Don't be surprised to see Hicks coming out of the backfield on a bubble. I also expect Blackshear and Martin to each have at least one play of 20+ yards. Turay will wreak havoc and bring a double team early, and that will free Ash/Niemann to bring corner/Will blitzes. I think we are up 17 by halftime and play ball control in the second half, and win by at least 23.

I actually thought we'd win this game this time last week. But you guys exceeded expectations and we were kinda flat although we won handily in doing so which is very un-EMU like.. Losing to a team like Charlotte by multiple scores was expected just a couple years ago.

I am still very confident in our ability to rise up and I don't think RU matches their level of play from week 1. I hope for and think it's entirely realistic we win this thing 38-35 or so.

Gun to my head, RU 34-31.

It will be high scoring. I know your guys' offense has been pretty lackluster but if you don't score more than 3 TDs (which you should quite frankly), you'll lose.

Last week, going against a potential Heisman canidate and first round QB, a couple of really good RB's, massive OL and DL with AA on it and increduble team speed, we only gave up 23 offensive points. Yes, we only scored twice but their punter also had an insane game as well.
When I see that our RB's were very solid against Wash and guys like Turay, Davis got pressure and SJ having a very disruptive day in the middle. Along with our CB's looking good. I don't see how EMU scores more than Wash did. I think they get 2 scores. Our defense is going to be good this year.
On offense, if we ran for almost 150 against Washington, we should do even better in this game. I don't think we are ready for a 40 pt game yet, need someone like Melton to get his feet under him but I think we get 31 or so.
Going for RU 31 EMU 14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT