ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-EASTERN MICHIGAN PREDICTION THREAD

I actually thought we'd win this game this time last week. But you guys exceeded expectations and we were kinda flat although we won handily in doing so which is very un-EMU like.. Losing to a team like Charlotte by multiple scores was expected just a couple years ago.

I am still very confident in our ability to rise up and I don't think RU matches their level of play from week 1. I hope for and think it's entirely realistic we win this thing 38-35 or so.

Gun to my head, RU 34-31.

It will be high scoring. I know your guys' offense has been pretty lackluster but if you don't score more than 3 TDs (which you should quite frankly), you'll lose.
Welcome to the board! Love to hear more about your team throughout this week.

I don't think its going to be as high a scoring game as you think. We succeed by controlling time of possession. We had the ball for over 38 minutes against Washington. We will probably try to push it to over 40 against you.

RU 27
EMU 21

I actually thought we'd win this game this time last week. But you guys exceeded expectations and we were kinda flat although we won handily in doing so which is very un-EMU like.. Losing to a team like Charlotte by multiple scores was expected just a couple years ago.

I am still very confident in our ability to rise up and I don't think RU matches their level of play from week 1. I hope for and think it's entirely realistic we win this thing 38-35 or so.

It will be high scoring. I know your guys' offense has been pretty lackluster but if you don't score more than 3 TDs (which you should quite frankly), you'll lose.
If Roback plays how he is capable of playing you could potentially pull one out...but as someone above said I don't think you'll be able to contain our rushing attack...now if you sell out against the run and force Bolin to win the game...I'm not sold on our receiving threats yet

If we run the ball effectively like we did against Washington we win a close game (Ash stays conservative)...if we do not and Roback plays at his highest level then we could be in trouble...

How's your DL looking?

Reactions: FlyEMUEagles
Welcome to the board! Love to hear more about your team throughout this week.

I don't think its going to be as high a scoring game as you think. We succeed by controlling time of possession. We had the ball for over 38 minutes against Washington. We will probably try to push it to over 40 against you.

RU 27
EMU 21
If we have the ball that long, which assumes Janarion doesn't shorten the field by getting more return yards, we will score more than 27. We will have some bigger plays from our running backs this time around and they will find the end zone. I think Blackshear and Martin will both have runs/screens of over 20 in addition to Edwards grinding it out between the tackles. I expect this game to be more wide open than last game (not exactly a bold prediction there), but we will be able to move the ball more easily. I also think we win the turnover battle this game by a +2 margin.

All things considered, my prediction is RU wins 38-14 after going up 17 at the half.

Something like 50 or 60 to 0 or 3. Not a homer pick, just really what I think. Team is hungry to silence critics in a big way. Eastern Michigan isn't nearly as good as they think they are, meanwhile Rutgers is better then we think they are.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights 92

Eastern Michigan Pigeons 3

As always, I reserve the right to modify my prediction as we get closer to game time.

Kill will open it up some. The D will be rested and stop them for short gains. Kill will control the clock again and run often. RUTGERS 33 and EMU 17

We held Washington to 23 offensive points last week! A team that Last year averaged 42 points per game. I don't see E. Michigan scoring more than that. We will control the clock again and wear them down with the run. So the score should be somewhere around 31-17.

Last edited:
I like what I saw last week and the possibilities of the season we "need." Still think 5-6 wins would be difficult to attain, however, we're going to be able to run to open up the pass this season, IMHO, and we should be able to hold our own on D - for now - so this game I see:

RU 34
EMU 17

We stick to the same game plan just speed it up a bit, those third and shorts we now convert. We gave the strength of UW, their OL's and DL's all they could handle. EMU is a mess on OL and DL. They won't hit long plays(no time in the pocket) they'll have to dink and dunk down the field if they are to have any success. They'll test our weak link LBs.

Rutgers 31 EMU 10(garbage TD)

Gonna be a whole lot of disappointment on Saturday. 1-54 vs P5 teams here we come! We win.

I'll probably go back to thinking we lose by Saturday. Just feeling confident after re-watching both teams games and knowing our squad. At the very least it will be close, which will disappoint a lot of people here judging by some predictions. Brogan Roback, Shaq Vann, Sergio Bailey, Antoine Porter, Maxx Crosby and Brody Hoying. Remember those names.

Kemoko Turay.
rutgers-pass-rusher-kemoko-turay-49e6d409f9498067.jpg

I think EMU is going to bring the beef and stack them up. They saw those two sloppy interceptions and they are going to try to make more happen in their favor. It will be an interesting game for sure.

My prediction is if we don't win this game it will be ugly on these boards. Just Win baby!

The losing streak will end on Saturday.

Eastern Michigan went to a bowl game last year and run a fast pace offense, so they are not a bad team, they could go to a bowl game again this year. But our defense should be much better than anything else they will face this year.

I am not sure if we are set up to score a lot of points.But perhaps Kill will open thing up against them since there is no way their defense is as good as UW.

RUTGERS 24 Eastern Michigan 13 before an announced crowd of 45,265

Just saw this on SportsLine yesterday. I sure hope they are wrong!

"SportsLine Projection Model’s score: Eastern Michigan 23, Rutgers 18 - SportsLine simulated the game 10,000 times. It projects Roback throwing for 284 yards, 1.32 TDs and 1.38 INTs for EMU, while Kyle Bolin passes for 193 yards and Gus Edwards runs for 84 for Rutgers."

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/...cores-revealed/?ttag=SL17_nl_247_rutgers_0906

Reactions: newell138
Just saw this on SportsLine yesterday. I sure hope they are wrong!

"SportsLine Projection Model’s score: Eastern Michigan 23, Rutgers 18 - SportsLine simulated the game 10,000 times. It projects Roback throwing for 284 yards, 1.32 TDs and 1.38 INTs for EMU, while Kyle Bolin passes for 193 yards and Gus Edwards runs for 84 for Rutgers."

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/...cores-revealed/?ttag=SL17_nl_247_rutgers_0906

Oh. they ran the simulation. Wow. Let's just not bother to play the game. No injuries. No second guessing the coaches.

How many sacks did Turay get in that simulation?

Simulation my ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT