ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS- NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY PREDICTION THREAD

ESPN says its 85% Rutgers beats NJIT
NJIT just lost Binghamton.....lost to Providence 76-47 !

They have 2 decent players & are barely 6 deep...almost no bench

Rutgers 77
NJIT 59

Rutgers 73, NJIT 64

Bryant: -15 (Predicted Rutgers by 17, Rutgers won by 2)
Niagara: +31 (Predicted Rutgers by 16, Rutgers won by 47)
Drexel: +1 (Predicted Rutgers by 4, Rutgers won by 5)
St. Bonaventure: -2 (Predicted Bona by 4, Bona won by 6)
Stephen F. Austin: +5 (Predicted Rutgers by 7, Rutgers won by 12)

Negative means Rutgers performed worse than my prediction, positive means they performed better.

Average miss (in either direction): 10.8 points but that Niagara result skews it.

NJIT has a NJIT version of Carsen Edwards. He is averaging 25.5 PPG and is 5'9''. He took 17 FTs last game...makes me worried about getting in to the paint and getting Myles in foul trouble.

bart predicts RU 75 NJIT 61. I'll go with that because quite frankly at this point I have no idea what our team is.

Rutgers fans should be happy with the 5-1 record along with the realization that December competition will be far more difficult.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
You're digging a deeper hole.

Just stop, it's a bad optic.

No holes being dug. Conclusions should NEVER be made looking at 2 games. Let's reassess after the season.

I could be wrong. My underlying premise behind SFA is that you can't play defense like that long term and win. I wasn't impressed with their team when they played us.

No holes being dug. Conclusions should NEVER be made looking at 2 games. Let's reassess after the season.

I could be wrong. My underlying premise behind SFA is that you can't play defense like that long term and win. I wasn't impressed with their team when they played us.
See other thread on aggressive D and fouling. It can help keep a lesser team in the game by getting turnovers and therefore more FG attempts while limiting an opponent’s shots from the field. If your opponent misses enough FTs and you make just enough FGs, you win. Worked for SFA against Duke, but not for SFA against us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT