ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-NORTHWESTERN PREDICTION THREAD

This is tough. I’ll say NW 27-10. Sorry, but I think our team psyche is bruised. Hope I’m wrong.

Want to pick RU but here are the issues:
- Vedral, Meltons, Cruickshank, Izien, O'Neal all may miss this game. We don't know yet.
- Northwestern much better at home than on the road
- Northwestern coming off a bye week so team will be rested and healthy

Ultimately, I can see this going like the Syracuse game. A rock fight where a couple of plays or turnovers will be the difference. But RU really needs to have most of the guys I listed back to win.

Northwestern 21
RU 17

RU may have won the game if they played this team 4 weeks ago but the team has lost Bo Melton, Max Melton, Cruickshank, Izien, and O'Neal. I am surprised that RU is favored in this game.

RU 28
NW 20

I think we can win this one. As bad as we think our offense is NW against an easier schedule (52% winning) has averaged 15 more yds. a game and 22pts a game. Rutgers 27 pts. a game. Defensively against a tougher schedule(74% winning) Rutgers defense is ranked 58th, NW is 111th against the easier schedule. Field goals turn into TD's and defensively giving up multiple big plays suddenly disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: newell138
Too many injuries, we have no offense, Northwestern’s offense isn’t good either, at all, but have to go with the home and healthier team.

Northwestern 23
Rutgers 10

I’m a loser the past 3 weeks picking RU to win, but I can’t stop now.

RU 21 - NW 20

Looking for Sweet Pea’s prediction. His handler’s wallet has been lightened as well.

Last edited:
Remember last year when you started a thread on the boards telling people not to test for covid because testing didnt help. Think it might be time for you to hang it up
No I don’t remember that at all. Typical of you to flat out lie. I do remember calling you a sheep however.

Ru31. NW 13. Running backs finally have a good day and Tight End passes increased. Defense looks better. Take RU and give the points.

NW 24
Rutgers 20

Pat Fitzgerald is a great coach, he will have his team ready to play after a bye week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT