ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PENN STATE PREDICTION THREAD

RU 65 PSU 59. They don't match up well with us physically. That hasn't changed since January 24th

Lots of weak hearted RU fans in this thread.....I just want to know what the excuses will be when RU wins.

A) Well, it was Penn State

B) I knew they would bounce back at some point.

C) Will we score 40 points, when RU misses some 1H shots??

D) I was disappointed because the team of overachievers in 2022-23, didn't deliver on amother Top 4 B1G finish, without its 2 best players from last year, so therefore I get to predict a double-figure loss??

E) Of course I expected Indiana to defeat Purdue on Saturday night, no other teams except RU go into a slump....Purdue never loses at home, right??

F) All of these other teams with no quality wins on their resume are all going to win 4 to 5 Q1 games in the next week, so there's that too....!!

G) I expected MSU to lose to Iowa, up 10 with 39 seconds, only bad things happen to RU, no one else.

At the end of the day, if crying and weak fans don't want to stay on the bandwagon, that's cool....be fair weather/woe is me....just leave me out of it.

On the other hand, we have @ruriotsquad and others heading to PSU to root on our team. Maybe we should take a cue from the riot squad and support the team through the ups and downs.

3-15 in the B1G in 2016-17.....won at PSU that year....Pikes 1st road win in the B1G

3-15 in the B1G in 2017-18....lost @ PSU 60-43.....here is your lineup back then.

DeShawn Freeman 23 minutes 6 PTS

Issa Thiam 28 minutes, 12 PTS

Mamadou Doucoure, 23 mins, 6 PTS

Geo Baker (Frosh, 35 minutes, 3PTS)

Corey Sanders (29 minutes, no points).

Eugene Omoyuri, 24 minutes, 9 PTS

Mike Williams (Out injured ankle)

Candido Sa, 18 minutes, 4 PTS

Souf Mensah, 13 minutes, 0 PTS

Shaq Doorson 6 minutes, 0 PTS

Jake Dadika, 3 minutes, 0 PTS

Why would I mention this horrible time in the early stages of the rebuild?? At a time when winning ANY game, forget a B1G game.....dont ever consider a B1G road game, would be considered an accomplishment??

Because every "fan" on here, whined like babies then too.....some claimed it would take EIGHT years to make the NCAAs....some never dreamed we would be here today.....it's sad in a way, how lost a lot of the fans have become.

Others wondered , "if Northwestern can make the NCAAs, why can't RU even contend for the NITs"...??

"When will we ever make the NCAAs, I'd pray for the day to play meaningful games just to be on the bubble in late February "??? One day, we will have our name called on Selection Sunday!!

The amount of whining, crying, negative energy, soft as cotton RU fans is actually either somewhat deserving for some and very disappointing to see for others....we could be St John's, Syracuse, Seton Hall, essentially all out of contention for weeks now....where's Georgetown, Louisville, and countless others.....leagues with suspect competition every other game...no chance to build a resume of wins. That's not where RU is today folks.

And here's the prediction thread, full of whatever this actually is....

The now somewhat entitled RU fanbase is either waiting to complain about having to play at MSG, wondering why RU doesn't suddenly walk in the park to the FOURTH NCAA caliber resume in a row.......it's too much pain, we don't win enough!!!

Sleep well fellow RU fans.....the RU resume is pretty damn solid, this roster deserves some credibility and has battled injuries to starters (Mag), bad backs being played through by McConnell, some sort of stinger that keeps popping up for Mulcahy....but its too much to ask for a somewhat upset fanbase, that suddenly doesn't get their way??

I won't mention the uptick in recruiting, the movement up isn't in a straight line. Maybe we get smoked vs PSU, maybe we win a close one and it is possible that this crazy CBB, has more in store for us.

RU 66, PSU 61......don't ask me why I always pick RU to win.....it's what I do best.....!!

Don't ask if more verbal commits for 2024 are coming, we have excellent mods for that too....(they're coming folks, rest assured).

There a lot to be positive about, or we can look back at the ugly, dark days of 3 wins in the B1G and ask yourself, "what happened to me, isn't a game like PSU, Minnesota and NW, what we all wanted"???

GO RU......!!

Last edited:
Lots of weak hearted RU fans in this thread.....I just want to know what the excuses will be when RU wins.

D) I was disappointed because the team of overachievers in 2022-23, didn't deliver on amother Top 4 B1G finish, without its 2 best players from last year, so therefore I get to predict a double-figure loss??

E) Of course I expected Indiana to defeat Purdue on Saturday night, no other teams except RU go into a slump....Purdue never loses at home, right??

F) All of these other teams with no quality wins on their resume are all going to win 4 to 5 Q1 games in the next week, so there's that too....!!

G) I expected MSU to lose to Iowa, up 10 with 39 seconds, only bad things happen to RU, no one else.

At the end of the day, if crying and weak fans don't want to stay on the bandwagon, that's cool....be fair weather/woe is me....just leave me out of it.

On the other hand, we have @ruriotsquad and others heading to PSU to root on our team. Maybe we should take a cue from the riot squad and support the team through the ups and downs.

3-15 in the B1G in 2016-17.....won at PSU that year....Pikes 1st road win in the B1G

3-15 in the B1G in 2017-18....lost @ PSU 60-43.....here is your lineup back then.

Why would I mention this horrible time in the early stages of the rebuild?? At a time when winning ANY game, forget a B1G game.....dont ever consider a B1G road game, would be considered an accomplishment??

Because every "fan" on here, whined like babies then too.....some claimed it would take EIGHT years to make the NCAAs....some never dreamed we would be here today.....it's sad in a way, how lost a lot of the fans have become.

Others wondered , "if Northwestern can make the NCAAs, why can't RU even contend for the NITs"...??

"When will we ever make the NCAAs, I'd pray for the day to play meaningful games just to be on the bubble in late February "??? One day, we will have our name called on Selection Sunday!!

The amount of whining, crying, negative energy, soft as cotton RU fans is actually either somewhat deserving for some and very disappointing to see for others....we could be St John's, Syracuse, Seton Hall, essentially all out of contention for weeks now....where's Georgetown, Louisville, and countless others.....leagues with suspect competition every other game...no chance to build a resume of wins. That's not where RU is today folks.

The now somewhat entitled RU fanbase is either waiting to complain about having to play at MSG, wondering why RU doesn't suddenly walk in the park to the FOURTH NCAA caliber resume in a row.......it's too much pain, we don't win enough!!!

Sleep well fellow RU fans.....the RU resume is pretty damn solid, this roster deserves some credibility and has battled injuries to starters (Mag), bad backs being played through by McConnell, some sort of stinger that keeps popping up for Mulcahy....but its too much to ask for a somewhat upset fanbase, that suddenly doesn't get their way??

I won't mention the uptick in recruiting, the movement up isn't in a straight line. Maybe we get smoked vs PSU, maybe we win a close one and it is possible that this crazy CBB, has more in store for us.

RU 66, PSU 61......don't ask me why I always pick RU to win.....it's what I do best.....!!

Don't ask if more verbal commits for 2024 are coming, we have excellent mods for that too....(they're coming folks, rest assured).

There a lot to be positive about, or we can look back at the ugly, dark days of 3 wins in the B1G and ask yourself, "what happened to me, isn't a game like PSU, Minnesota and NW, what we all wanted"???

GO RU......!!
Over/under 0.5 of the people this is directed at actually reading it?

PSU's interior defense is not good. This is a game Cliff must come up big. We need at least 20 points from him.

If Cliff scores, Caleb limits Pinkett to roughly 15 points, and PSU does not go wild from beyond the arc, RU will emerge victorious.
This is the recipe for success

PSU is beatable but we need some guys to step up and start playing better

The good news is there are many players on the team who are capable of playing better than they have lately

GO RU......!!
Good lord 😂

Predicting-a-loss-when-we're-the-underdog-makes-you-a-bad-fan posts are my favorite.

Have to take Pedo St. winning by 5 points. They are good at home, RU not so good on the road.

Line is RU +3. The last 5 RU except the one game, have been an abomination.

Taking Penn St. and the under for a very small amount.

Hopefully RU pulls it off and still somehow gets in the big tourney. Not NIT please.

The Big Ten is about matchups

We beat #1 Purdue two years runnung
6 of last 7 against Indiana

Meanwhile Iowa is like 5-1 at the RAC
And we played OSU in two one possession/OT games this year even though they stink

We beat PSU by 20 this year. 20. My reason for confidence. Hopefully the team watched lots of film from that game

Reactions: Scangg
Generally I'm optimistic. I don't like the haters in game threads that call the kids names and trash everything. I do have to say though, from 8-3 in B1G, 2nd place, visions of double bye and deep run in NCAA to the present is a big drop off. Hawk mentions "roller coaster" season. Well except for a 1 point win we have lost 5 in a row. Not up and down, just down. I will be cheering team as always, but need to see something better tonight. Rutgers 63 -61.

Generally I'm optimistic. I don't like the haters in game threads that call the kids names and trash everything. I do have to say though, from 8-3 in B1G, 2nd place, visions of double bye and deep run in NCAA to the present is a big drop off. Hawk mentions "roller coaster" season. Well except for a 1 point win we have lost 5 in a row. Not up and down, just down. I will be cheering team as always, but need to see something better tonight. Rutgers 63 -61.

Honestly, my only hope is that we’ve seen recent teams go through similar swoons and then pull it together. However, in a vacuum, the wheels have fallen off this season.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
If we win, your prediction score will likely be spot on. Will have to be super low scoring since we can't put the ball in the hoop. I sure hope it's not another blown layups and free throws fest.

The Big Ten is about matchups

We beat #1 Purdue two years runnung
6 of last 7 against Indiana

Meanwhile Iowa is like 5-1 at the RAC
And we played OSU in two one possession/OT games this year even though they stink

We beat PSU by 20 this year. 20. My reason for confidence. Hopefully the team watched lots of film from that game
Agreed. We still do match up well vs PSU bc Pickett is so dominate and we have Caleb. They don't have good play at the 5 and we have Cliff.

The concern is allowing too many open 3's to PSU at home. I think we need to help less and have everyone stay with their men more. Make them score one on one. Don't help off Funk please.

Except for a 1 point win at Wisconsin the team has lost 5 in a row? Interesting perspective that I’ve never read before.

And generally you’re optimistic?

PSU 64 Rutgers 57… no one has yet stepped up to fill the void of losing Mawot Mag. We need to win 4 more including BT tourney.

PSU 64 Rutgers 57… no one has yet stepped up to fill the void of losing Mawot Mag. We need to win 4 more including BT tourney.
4 more?

What The Hell Wtf GIF by The Lonely Island

Only because of the way the B1G is playing out. Right now we are a team , if not on the bubble , we are damn close to it. A big part is due to teams playing better than us late in season. Win the next two and we take the pressure off but quite honestly I ‘m seeing some things ( like others see) which leads into my negative take. I hope I’m wrong ?Mag was becoming a scorer and a great defender / rebounder. Nobody even a combination of several has been proficient and that hurts.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Penn State 67
Rutgers 51

I’m sneaking up on this one and check if it’s worth watching at the half. My eyes have almost stopped bleeding from Thursday.
I'm going into blackout mode and starting the game at 7:30 so I can whip through the first half and halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT