ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PURDUE PREDICTION THREAD

Did the team travel back home after Minnesota ? Or head straight to Indiana ?

Purdue 75, rutgers 63

They always fly home right after the game, even with back-to-back road games like this.

Purdue hasn't looked great the last week or so. In typical Rutgers fashion, just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

Rutgers 70
Purdue 66

We actually match up better against Purdue than we do against teams like Iowa and this year's Minnesota team. It will still be a humongous task to beat the Boilermakers, especially at Mackey, but they are prone to scoring droughts just like we are. Still, it's too tall a task (pun intended) to stop Edey and Co. in West Layafette.

Purdue 72
Rutgers 63

Question is how good is Purdue if they didn’t have Edey?
Ogbole has to play physically and keep Edey off the block.
I don’t see Woolf playing at all.
If Jeremiah drives and distributes and some guys get hot shooting then joy to the world is a possibility.

This game looks to follow the Minnesota strategy.Purdue will pass the ball to the center on almost every possession.Edey will either take a shot and or get fouled or pass to a teammate for a wide open 3 pointer.Edey will take more than 10 foul shots.

Purdue 68 Rutgers 59

Purdue 76

Rutgers 69

Made the mistake last game of predicting with my heart … need to realize can’t do that every game.

Question is how good is Purdue if they didn’t have Edey?
Ogbole has to play physically and keep Edey off the block.
I don’t see Woolf playing at all.
If Jeremiah drives and distributes and some guys get hot shooting then joy to the world is a possibility.
Nobody expected Wolf to play much at all last game .Ogbole for some reason was not the coaches choice and it was not a smart move.

My birthday wishes today.

Edey fouls out

J Williams forgets his last game

Mag is healthy

RU wins. 67-64

Many of you disagree but I think the 15.5 spread is way too high. I'm not saying we're going to win. But I think we will play well and give them a game. There are several players on our team that have won in that building before.

Reactions: goru7 and Scangg
They're the best rebounding team in the conference. They get to the line more than anyone in the conference and convert at 72% as a team from the FT line. Opponents get to the line less than vs any other team in the conference. Elite in the paint offensively and defensively. Elite from 3.

The only two possible things to hone in on are their 3pt defense and turnovers. They do not turnover the opposing offense at all. Can Rutgers get into a flow knowing they can handle the ball and get hot from 3? Can they hound Purdue's guards on the outside? Edey is going to get his. I'm not hopefully in getting Edey into any sort of foul trouble at Mackey. Worried our guards are going to try driving into that big maple and either get blocked or try and chuck up a circus shot. Either way the refs aren't going to call anything.

This could be a long night.

Purdue 74
RU 59

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT