ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-STEPHEN F AUSTIN PREDICTION THREAD

Rutgers is going to need to take care of the ball in this one, as SF Austin plays Helter Skelter ball. I think it's going to be a tough game...

I can't believe how quickly so many have turned. Southland conference!!!

We aren't playing Wisconsin or NC State here. They have some gaudy stats thru 4 games playing terrible competition. They were terrible last year. The team everyone thought would go to the NCAA tournament has a tough time? Really?

Rutgers 86
SFA 67

Game wont be as close as score

Another must win out of conference game for a winning season.

Rutgers 75 SFA 71

I'll be at the game. Like everyone else, I'm disappointed with what we've seen to date. But just remember the same team that lost at Fordham and to Stony Brook absolutely smoked Iowa on their home court. So who the heck knows? But they could be looking at a very disappointing season if they don't go at least 8-3 out of conference. So that means they have to win these next 3 home games before heading to Pitt. So they better win this one.

What do you think our players have looked at the past few days? Clip after clip similar to what kcg posted of defensive and offensive breakdowns. Pike talked again on the radio show about D. There will be urgency closing out on shooters. There will be urgency keeping track of your man. There will be more communication on the defensive end.

There are 8 perimeter players for 4 spots and outside of Kiss and Mulcahy no one will accept playing only 20 minutes (or less)

Reactions: Scangg
Rutgers 85
SFA 78

Just because I feel like tracking it, here's how far I've been so far...

Bryant: -15 (Predicted Rutgers by 17, Rutgers won by 2)
Niagara: +31 (Predicted Rutgers by 16, Rutgers won by 47)
Drexel: +1 (Predicted Rutgers by 4, Rutgers won by 5)
St. Bonaventure: -2 (Predicted Bona by 4, Bona won by 6)

Negative means Rutgers performed worse than my prediction, positive means they performed better.

Average miss (in either direction): 12.25 points but that Niagara result skews it.

If anyone else wants to track theirs for a friendly challenge this season I'm all for it.

As I said in another thread, I am Jersey born and raised, but attended SFA for my masters. Since this is the first meeting of SFA and Rutgers, this will be the first time I'll be rooting against the Knights.
SFA 83
Rutgers 75
Axe 'em Jacks!
After Tomorrow night, go RU!

Coach P was hyping SFA as the highest scoring team around. Yet when I see their scores they seem pretty modest. Frankly I never heard of them until this very game.

Rutgers 86
SFA 72

If we win this one I think it’ll give our guys some confidence moving forward . I think we see a more focused team tomorrow .

RU 78-68

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT