ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-TEMPLE PREDICTION THREAD

Every once in a while the message from the coach lights a fire under the kid called out and they come back and respond with a huge impact game. I don’t see Temple beating us without this happening as they simply are not as talented a team without Battle playing and contributing.

Never say never (JY had one lone stand out year from 3) but I’m a believer in laws of average. Damien Dunn was a career 27.5% 3 pt shooter coming into the season. Without his 7 threes and 14 team total 3s vs Vandy - that game isn’t close and the reason is that outside of a magical day from 3, Temple needs Battle’s offense. Temple connected on only 5 threes in each of their first 2 games by the way for uninspiring 25% and 21.7% team efforts from long range. Anything’s possible, but the odds of back to back can’t miss games from them from 3 doesn’t seem that likely.
all that and no prediction?

Do we know anything about Paul and Caleb yet? I haven’t seen anything but I see people factoring their absence into the predictions.

Do we know anything about Paul and Caleb yet? I haven’t seen anything but I see people factoring their absence into the predictions.
Carino said Caleb might be back but probably not Paul. I think Richie said the opposite.

Reactions: Scangg
Whether Paul and Caleb play, they’re both coming back from injuries and therefore won’t be 100%.

Temple will likely come out strong since they played more recently, while we start slow on too much rest.

I could see us starting Simpson, Cam, Mag, Hyatt, and Cliff, with those 5 getting the bulk of minutes, even if Paul and/or Caleb get in.

Woolfolk, Dean, and Miller will have to step up.

Temple leads at the half, we have a back and forth battle in the second half with Cliff as the workhorse, until Cam gets hot, ultimately winning the game for us at the foul line.

RU 74-70.

Impossible to make a prediction without knowing the injury situation. So I'm hedging:

If Caleb and Paul both play:
RU 75
Temple 65

If Caleb plays but Paul doesn't:
RU 71
Temple 65

If Paul plays but Caleb doesn't:
RU 72
Temple 69

If neither Paul nor Caleb play:
Temple 72
Rutgers 67
In this last scenario, we're just missing too much of our key production, both on defense and offense.
Well I think I called this. Not happy I was right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT