ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-WASHINGTON PREDICTION THREAD

Washington 45 RUTGERS 17 before an actual crowd (not announced) of 47,108
Strangest thing. When I saw the thread title, I had those two numbers in mind before I clicked on it. Literally saying to myself 45, 17 as I opened the thread. So I guess I''ll take them in reverse: RU 45 W 17

Washington is supposed to compete for the National Title. They are loaded, it really doesn't matter much what RU has. Having said that UW has to travel across the country. I think they will get way ahead and then call of the Huskie dogs, Wash 45- RU 13

Washington 45, Rutgers 23

Think the Miami game a few years back. You know, the one in which taking a picture of the scoreboard after three quarters somehow seemed like something to brag about and then it got ugly? Like that.

48-10 Washington sounds about right. Washington needs to stomp programs like Rutgers if they want a shot at the playoffs, otherwise, I would probably predict a closer score.

Sadly, Washington 38 Rutgers 17, in a game that's much closer than the score. I feel much better about the rest of the season after this game,hopefully. Go RU, surprise me big time, and I'll gladly eat crow.Come out healthy, and maybe a shot at 6-6???

New year. New attitude. UW got their taste of playoff football last season and they're back for more against an upstart Rutgers team laying in wait. Rutgers plays the Dawgs tough, until UW pulls away in the 4th quarter. Here's why

1. Jack Cobra Browning - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two full seasons under his belt and lived in the film room this offseason breaking down defenses. He will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Adams, Garcia, Center, Eldrenkamp, Bulyca, McGary, Ossai etc. These boys have attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Kawasaki - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between the 2016 Kawasaki and the 2017 Kawasaki, we will see a much improved defense on Friday.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest UW team has been in a long time. Charlie McClutchens, Dante Pettis, Salvon Ahlmed, Psalm Wooching, Byron Murphy, Justin Chin, Jake Haener, Eugene Burkhalter, Gaines, Virta Vea, Ossian etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think UW can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

It's close through 3 but in the 4th quarter the Dawgs pull away. I think UW wins rather easily, say 34-17?
Nada cambió conmigo. Acabo de recibir una llamada de FRANNY hace 5 minutos y me dijo que iba a aparecer enMaltby. Si papá tiene cosas que hacer, déjalo ir contigo. Haré que Anna me lleve y papá puede irse contigo. Preferiría que U y papá se fueran juntos. Le preguntaré a Anna. No debería ser un problema. Si no puede, te lo haré saber

I predict a solid beatdown with RU totally out of sync for the beginning of the game. Please tell me the last time RU played well in an opener? I can't think of one time in the past decade RU has played well out of the gate. Even in 2006 they squeaked by a bad UNC team and in 2012 they looked mediocre at best against Tulane.

Rutgers 30
Washington 44

A move in the right direction for Rutgers football. Also, not the thrashing people expected.

Just saw the Washington game from last year, specifically to see this huge disparity level of talent between Rutgers then and Washington then. And, after looking at their huge DLine(which it is), the speed on both sides of the ball, great receivers, and the best QB in College football(NOT). I think we can win this thing.
Really, that first quarter was filled with really stupid play calling by RU, an incompetent QB, who should have been playing another sport, a RB who couldn't run through a hole if a Mack truck led the way. And, a Defense that needed rest, seasoning, purpose and a mission. I think we can win this thing, IF the new and improved players are as advertised. Not great or anything, just adequate. I just don't see all that much talent on Washington's roster. Their DLine is huge/physical, but slow. Their linebackers were the real story on that team, specifically the MLB(and he is sitting this one out). The D backs were also a strong unit, but 2 graduated, and another is also sitting this one out. So, lets see...
I'm probably going to get hell for this post, both from our fanbase, and of course from the Washington faithful that come around now and then. But, I just don't see it.....Will apologize if wrong..Go Rutgers!

Just saw the Washington game from last year, specifically to see this huge disparity level of talent between Rutgers then and Washington then. And, after looking at their huge DLine(which it is), the speed on both sides of the ball, great receivers, and the best QB in College football(NOT). I think we can win this thing.
Really, that first quarter was filled with really stupid play calling by RU, an incompetent QB, who should have been playing another sport, a RB who couldn't run through a hole if a Mack truck led the way. And, a Defense that needed rest, seasoning, purpose and a mission. I think we can win this thing, IF the new and improved players are as advertised. Not great or anything, just adequate. I just don't see all that much talent on Washington's roster. Their DLine is huge/physical, but slow. Their linebackers were the real story on that team, specifically the MLB(and he is sitting this one out). The D backs were also a strong unit, but 2 graduated, and another is also sitting this one out. So, lets see...
I'm probably going to get hell for this post, both from our fanbase, and of course from the Washington faithful that come around now and then. But, I just don't see it.....Will apologize if wrong..Go Rutgers!
OK, I apologize to the Washington faithful.....a little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT