ADVERTISEMENT

The only smart answer to the QB question

Yeah Baby

Heisman Winner
Aug 14, 2001
Is to root for all QB’s to improve and the guy who gives us the best chance to win. Repeatedly trashing any of these guys is moronic. It’s the same thing every year and every QB but some worse than others. The best players play. The guys who work the hardest and have the most ability play the most. Many go on to play in the NFL.

Yes we need to upgrade our passing game. We could have thrown the ball 30 times a game this year to improve it but maybe finished 4-8. The staff right or wrong chose to do what we do best and win 7 games while having a shot at a few others.

I hope they all improve and we open it up but I also know we gave 2 stud RB’s returning so we will pound the rock until we are stopped. That’s what most BIG teams do including Michigan.

Is to root for all QB’s to improve and the guy who gives us the best chance to win. Repeatedly trashing any of these guys is moronic. It’s the same thing every year and every QB but some worse than others. The best players play. The guys who work the hardest and have the most ability play the most. Many go on to play in the NFL.

Yes we need to upgrade our passing game. We could have thrown the ball 30 times a game this year to improve it but maybe finished 4-8. The staff right or wrong chose to do what we do best and win 7 games while having a shot at a few others.

I hope they all improve and we open it up but I also know we gave 2 stud RB’s returning so we will pound the rock until we are stopped. That’s what most BIG teams do including Michigan.
It has nothing to do with the fans. It's frustrating to watch an improved team get held back by a one dimensional offense. And nothing being done game after game. Gavin Wimsatt is not a good passer. Opportunity was never given to the other QBs

Last edited:
Nah, we need to denigrate the QB who took us to our first winning season and our first bowl victory in 9 years.
Yeah we’re 1-2 in smart replies ao far. I’m sure the rest will chime in yet again….smdh

Personally, I'm looking forward to whoever winds up on the bench being turned into an NFL Hall of Famer by this board. The obvious answer to the QB question is whoever isn't playing or is currently in high school. That's always the answer at RU

Last edited:
If you don’t lose this QB group it will be a first. Who else is a QB on the roster on scholarship or as a walk on?

I'm not sure what a "quesrion" is, but I talk to a lot of guys....most of them not really Rutgers fans...about college football. Some of them are or were coaches. Not one of them has ever had anything positive to say about Gavin. The worst of them laugh at how bad he is.

Reactions: socaldave
Next year, the third year "mastery" kicks in for Kirk's Scarlet Gopher offense

"And I think when people first learn anything, they memorize it first, and then they start to understand it, and then they master it."

1Q0C3Ex.gif

Next year, the third year "mastery" kicks in for Kirk's Scarlet Gopher offense

"And I think when people first learn anything, they memorize it first, and then they start to understand it, and then they master it."

1Q0C3Ex.gif
This is a big part of the equation and why I’m happy we brought in a guy who knows this Offense. A lot of our plays were predetermined this year. A whole lot. That changes next year no matter who the starter is. We will see improvement either way. We won’t be throwing for 350 yards in a game unless we are losing by a lot. That last part is just my opinion.

Reactions: ashokan
How many kids came in at 17 only had a few plays but the reality is he sat . Year 2 age 17 turns 18 that October still not ready but forced to play because Noah Vedral is injured during summer camp . GW plays and is injured as well turns 19 … how many games did he and Evan Simon actually play? This year he plays the entire season with limited TE’s and WR group. By the 5-6 th games the accuracy issue is still a problem. As bad as it was we win 7 because it’s still a team sport.Gavin is analyzed by the entire RU Nation and the “ he sucks” diatribe is unleashed. Somehow he runs for 450 yards ….throws for 1739 yards…9 TD’s… 8 interceptions… 54.9 QBR. Now what was Athan’s stats during his Minnesota time?

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
The only right answer is to hope the debate gets settled in September when one of them wins the battle conclusively by playing well.

This is probably the only sports board in which posters are discouraged from posting about their team and the depth chart at the QB position for the upcoming season. Instead, posters are encouraged to start OT thread after OT thread about every topic besides football known to man. Advocating for an open QB competition for the upcoming year in which competent QB play along with a great defense might finally put us into the top tier of the conference, that type of talk is to be shunned and labeled as promoting negativity. Simply amazing.

Tom Savage and Chase Dodd…,how would like another Chase Dodd going into 2024

I'm not sure what a "quesrion" is, but I talk to a lot of guys....most of them not really Rutgers fans...about college football. Some of them are or were coaches. Not one of them has ever had anything positive to say about Gavin. The worst of them laugh at how bad he is.
I would add former college players to that list!!!

well, regardless of anything, we needed more qb's in the room, we are dangerously thin on experience. After watching the Greek (popgun) rifle at Minnesota, I think Wimsatt has just as much a chance at keeping his job, if only due to his legs, and the fact he is slowly improving. Could be a leap up this year, he showed promise early, but if he just completes low 60's%, keeps int's down and shows some short range touch, this team despite a tough schedule is improving on O this year. And if not, you have some experience behind him that worked with KC as well as youth behind that. KC's O at Minnesota also had far bigger lines than we have and could pound the rock. Flaherty did a man's job this year with our OL, frankly he's my MVP on O and if we can get some more large bodies there especially at RT, that could help negate some qb issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT