ADVERTISEMENT

The truth about Bolin

Every single year you guys say the back up QB is the best one. #FreeRettig #FreeGio.
Bolin is a one and done QB so someone else is going to have to step in soon.

Only thing I've definitely learned from this thread is that Gio has his own slyker
A 'slyker?' You're spelling is nearly as insightful as your post. :-)

Call me a stalker, that's cool. I still think that Ash is a moron, Bolin isn't a starter, and the ONLY qualified and PROVEN qb is Gio. But for some reason, he's just been written off.

Sorry, I would just really have liked to see us win that game yesterday and I'm EMU alumni.

I just want to see Gio's mom.
giovanni-rescignojpg-974e0dfc3037750d.jpg

Every single year you guys say the back up QB is the best one. #FreeRettig #FreeGio.
Bolin is a one and done QB so someone else is going to have to step in soon.

If we ever get a qb who

1) Doesn't stare down receivers
2) Can throw a deep ball
3) Doesn't do insanely stupid sh*t to try to escape pressure that results in interceptions
4) Averages more than 6 yards per attempt
5) Doesn't have to burn timeouts needlessly

Maybe we won't have to clamor for the back up qb

Last edited:
A 'slyker?' You're spelling is nearly as insightful as your post. :)

Call me a stalker, that's cool. I still think that Ash is a moron, Bolin isn't a starter, and the ONLY qualified and PROVEN qb is Gio. But for some reason, he's just been written off.

Sorry, I would just really have liked to see us win that game yesterday and I'm EMU alumni.
You may be a stalker, but he's referring to a poster's name that was the Laviano supporter last year. One question. How many wins does Gio have? How is he proven when he played 1 good half and was injured the rest of his games. I like the kid and have no horse in this race. I have to trust the coaches because hindsight has shown they were correct. The backup QB is always the fan favorite until he plays.

Does EMU have a bigger budget then Rutgers?

They have a 5th year QB who was also a 4 star recruit. As a 5th year QB, he knows the playbook and he knows the personnel. His coaches also knows his strengths and weaknesses while our grad transfer is learning more about the personnel and the coaches are learning about him. This was a major difference in the game.

If we ever get a qb who

1) Doesn't stare down receivers
2) Can throw a deep ball
3) Doesn't do insanely stupid sh*t to try to escape pressure that results in interceptions
4) Averages more than 6 yards per attempt

Maybe we won't have to clamor for the back up qb
Hayden Rettig met all of those criteria. Just sayin'.

Wasn't Kill the head coach at his previous stops with an OC calling the plays rather than him?

Once we get a comfortable lead this weekend (we better!), I expect to see both Gio and Lewis get some action....

And if you are going to bring in Lewis to run the read option why for the love of God do you do it when we are marching down the field with Bolin and for the first time in the game seem to have some momentum?

Biggest head scratcher of the day... and also the most frustrating decision of the day for me.

They have a 5th year QB who was also a 4 star recruit. As a 5th year QB, he knows the playbook and he knows the personnel. His coaches also knows his strengths and weaknesses while our grad transfer is learning more about the personnel and the coaches are learning about him. This was a major difference in the game.
Sounds like an argument for Gio.

Biggest head scratcher of the day... and also the most frustrating decision of the day for me.
I agree. I didn't like the timing. But so what? Only in fantasy world would a single play like that stop RU from scoring after that series and before. If RU's offense teeters so significantly on a single play that resulted in a short loss, you're already conceding that the problems and way greater and broader. And they are. Bad decision or not, it isn't close to why RU lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT