ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on using PA for crowd noise, prerecorded band, videos?

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
I’m wondering what, if anything, will be allowed in terms of creating “atmosphere” at the games in regards to Jumbo screen video usage, crowd noise, maybe pre recorded fight song when team enters etc. Hopefully it will be allowed, and our media team can create something cool. Thoughts??

Reactions: beaced
And our Rutgers PA will run our band music when we have the ball all the way to the snap and again shortly after starting a way too fast RRRRUUUU
Sounds about right, would just like to add the volume of every music selection must be loud enough so two people sitting right next to each other cannot hold a conversation unless they scream at each other. Need to at least make it realistic.

OK, seriously though. Will there be crowd noise? Do you think Jumbo screen will be utilized for that and R U chant perhaps?

triggered much? haha. Really the post was asking what should be done...and not asking for what should not be done.

But I get it. New music is bad.
Yeah... NP... I'll keep opinions to myself.

But I thought it was funny that the Chicago scoreboard was telling the fake crowd to MAKE SOME NOISE... and GET LOUD 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Old man yelling at cloud type post here. You do know our players are kids in 2020 right? The music is for them and the students......
For me it's not so much the music as I try not to understand it anyway, so just hear white noise. It's the level it's played. Is it really necessary when I walk that side of the stadium pregame everything vibrates? Or sitting on the opposite side 35 yd. line have to yell to hold a conversation with my seatmates? I'm sure the volume goes up to 20, but someone seriously needs to learn you don't need to use that setting all the time.

Reactions: gef21
For me it's not so much the music as I try not to understand it anyway, so just hear white noise. It's the level it's played. Is it really necessary when I walk that side of the stadium pregame everything vibrates? Or sitting on the opposite side 35 yd. line have to yell to hold a conversation with my seatmates? I'm sure the volume goes up to 20, but someone seriously needs to learn you don't need to use that setting all the time.
As far as the fake crowd noise, there should be no reason whatsoever that the fake crowd noise drown out the tv announcers. Period.

Wait a minute. I'm hearing fake crowd noise with individual screams during the Chargers game. See this is the crap I'm talking about.

Reactions: koleszar
Got an e-mail from the university the other day requesting fans record video of themselves doing R-U cheers, first down chants, etc. to be played on the scoreboard during games - so I'm sure there will be something...

OK, seriously though. Will there be crowd noise? Do you think Jumbo screen will be utilized for that and R U chant perhaps?

The video board will most definitely be used for noise and such. MrScrew and I received an email over the weekend:

Show us your Scarlet Knights pride from home and record videos pumping up the team and helping us continue our traditions on gameday! Get your team gear, put on your game face, bring the energy, and you will be featured on the video boards at SHI Stadium.

Do the players hear what we hear on tv for the NFL games?

I think the conferences should have come up with a standardized agreement on piped-in crowd noise. Maybe even with a conference official in charge with a decibel meter.

The NFL is doing a decent job from what I have seen. However they do it is how we should all do it.

At one point I was thinking they should pipe in live crowd noise generated by actual fans watching the game (via smartphone inputs from everyone).

Reactions: RUforester72
Rutgers stadium announcer was doing the Jets game as usual today.
Joe Nolan? Wasn’t he sick not long ago? So glad to hear he’s back at it. Just made my night.
Ps, does he do the narration on the six flags safari? Can’t find it anywhere

Use the crowd noise from the 2006 Louisville game if its allowed. I think it’s the loudest football crowd we’ve ever had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT