ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket prices the same for football, but required donation for the lots is up

Ha. Reselling at true value is fine. But hardly anyone is doing that. They were looking for a premium to true value.

I parked at the RAC once and will never do it again.
What’s your true value? Is it face or are you including the min donation?

What’s your true value? Is it face or are you including the min donation?

Face+Donation. So for yellow lot last year, donation amount would have been 1000/7=142
Add 50 and the amount would have been roughly 200. Plus there are the stub hub transaction fees.

Things like that are why I say the minimum wins for a bowl bid should be 7 games and not 6.
Teams have mediocre 6 win seasons and then ticket/parking prices go up and staff gets thousands in raises etc.

Its kind of a racket tbh
Now this is a good thought.. Make it harder for RU (and other schools) to make a bowl so that our ticket/parking prices don't go up. That way the following season we can come back with no increases in tickets/parking and be able to bitch about why we didn't make a bowl (because the majority of people on here have to bitch about something). Or maybe we could go with this idea: Get to bowls on an annual basis thereby, increasing the fan base and possibly lowering or maintaining costs to the ticket holder. The expenses are there, they have to be distributed. Either the fan base increases, donations increase (but there is NIL to consider there) etc. Your other option is to sit home and spend your money on snacks. Everyone who goes to games is appreciated, but if your going t go and be miserable just stay home!

the parking situation should be made easier to drive more fans to games. I can't tell you how many people have cited parking as a reason they don't want to go. When something enjoyable becomes a hassle it's just that, a hassle.

Rutgers needs to make things easier, cheaper, less intrusive and puts butts in the stands first
part of my experience and why my ticket purchases have decreased with group..the RU ticket office not selling a second parking pass when you need one for an event when you are buying 6 more tickets for that event (ie i had my buddies 60th birthday wanted to do at rutgers game, decided not too because of getting 6 passes in one lot and nobody wanted the RAC or Greek Church) ..

unfortantly when the football facility takes over the yellow lot, exisitng parking frustration will increase

If Rutgers listen to this board there would never even be a seat fee, never a parking pass increase, nothing.

It's supply/demand. All anyone ever does on this board is gush about how the value is in the parking. Well, Rutgers agrees and bumped it up. It's not the end of the world if you don't want to increase your donation and get bumped out 1 lot more. We have an insane amount of close parking near the stadium.

If Rutgers listen to this board there would never even be a seat fee, never a parking pass increase, nothing.

It's supply/demand. All anyone ever does on this board is gush about how the value is in the parking. Well, Rutgers agrees and bumped it up. It's not the end of the world if you don't want to increase your donation and get bumped out 1 lot more. We have an insane amount of close parking near the stadium.

Our parking situation is the best I’ve ever seen, because we have so much close parking. Most Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State fans have to take significant walks even when they pay for donation level parking.

Now this is a good thought.. Make it harder for RU (and other schools) to make a bowl so that our ticket/parking prices don't go up.

Schiano got another 2 mil for that bowl and other coaches got raises too.
Make a top bowl and get a raise - for millions for making one of 3 dozen rump bowls
I dont see anything special about 6 win seasons and 2/3 of teams going to a bowl.
Reminds me of 6th grade graduation ceremonies and certificates of attendance lol.
Bowl games are basically participation trophies now.

Watching at home is also a better way to see a game these days with all the cameras and drones.
Its getting irrational to go to live games regularly - to pay more to stand through TV and replay TOs.
Not everybody is charmed by standing in rainy parking lots getting knackered.
For them the hassles are getting less worth it.
Maybe not at OSU and Michigan
Many times I've seen RU tickets on stub for $10 or less - cant be charging like gangsters for parking for low draw games

Last edited:
Make a top bowl and get a raise - forget millions for making one of 3 dozen rump bowls
I dont see anything special about 6 wins seasons and 2/3 of teams going to a bowl.
Reminds me of 6th grade graduation ceremonies and certificates of attendance lol.

Watching at home is also a better way to see a game these days with all the cameras and drones.
Its getting irrational to go to live games regularly - to pay more to stand through TV and replay TOs.
Many times I've seen RU tickets on stub for $10 or less - cant be charging like gangsters for parking for low draw games
you didn't say anything wrong at all

Face+Donation. So for yellow lot last year, donation amount would have been 1000/7=142
Add 50 and the amount would have been roughly 200. Plus there are the stub hub transaction fees.
Stub hub fee can’t be factored in. Are you saying parking passes sell for more than $200 before fees?

Make a top bowl and get a raise - forget millions for making one of 3 dozen rump bowls
I dont see anything special about 6 wins seasons and 2/3 of teams going to a bowl.

That bowl game will help us accelerate the building of this program. We will see a strong positive impact on our ‘25 recruiting class, which will help us make a better bowl game.

Had we ended our season after the Maryland loss, attitudes would have been much different around here, as the season would have ended on a sour note, and recruiting would have been much tougher. Now thx to the bowl win, we have something tangible to sell - results.

I dont see anything special about 6 win seasons and 2/3 of teams going to a bowl.

So if you, or others, feel that way about attending, it would be beyond dumb for you to attend. And if you do stay home beyond dumb to complain about game day costs! No one is forced to show up. And as for those coaches and staff that earn a bonus, that is in their contract. I doubt you, or anyone else, send them checks the years we do not make a bowl. They work just as hard those years. Stop being petty. One final thought: Bowl Bonuses are a part of college football, just like any year end bonus you may receive from your place of employment.
Oops sorry you were critical of Coach's raise not bonus different issue. The raise he got is for reviving the program to date, not merely a bowl apperance.

Stub hub fee can’t be factored in. Are you saying parking passes sell for more than $200 before fees?

People can factor in whatever they want. No limits on stubhub.

Parking passes sell for more than 200 All the time. If you’re lucky enough to find a listing. I’ve seen listings for much more than 200. 200 is just fair market value. Supply and demand.

Supply and demand certainly isn't there for football tickets.

Reactions: RULegacy
Assuming the improvement in football performance continues, as I believe it will, this just one of the signs that we will see a gradual turnover in fans. Lots of new fans, some with a lot of money, like other schools, and some current fans downgraded as a result.

It isn't "fair" but what is? It is all a part of getting better. You don't have to like it, but you have to deal with it.

No they don’t. Yes there are some listed for 200-250 but I’m guessing they never sell. Probably someone saying if somebody pays me 250, great and I’ll park on river rd that week.

Assuming the improvement in football performance continues, as I believe it will, this just one of the signs that we will see a gradual turnover in fans. Lots of new fans, some with a lot of money, like other schools, and some current fans downgraded as a result.

It isn't "fair" but what is? It is all a part of getting better. You don't have to like it, but you have to deal with it.
It isn't fair to toss away the fans who stuck with you through the lean years. Sometimes it will destroy your business. The people with money like new things so they won't hang around long and those priced ain't coming back. Look at the Giants fans. A 20 plus years waiting list gone and struggle to sell all their season tickets. Look at NASCAR. Broke all their traditions and imploded the sport

Strike when the iron is hot. A bad look to raise any prices including donations after losing seasons, which there will be, so they have to raise them now.

The beauty of it is that it sets a higher baseline for even more increases when they can.

Last edited:
Our parking situation is the best I’ve ever seen, because we have so much close parking. Most Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State fans have to take significant walks even when they pay for donation level parking.
I know Al. Most people bitching have never been to another stadium. UNC, Syracuse, Arkansas, Kansas, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Maryland I have been to as a fan. None of those come close to the parking we had and a lot of them had very little.

I know Al. Most people bitching have never been to another stadium. UNC, Syracuse, Arkansas, Kansas, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Maryland I have been to as a fan. None of those come close to the parking we had and a lot of them had very little.
huh?

MD parking is great, quick walk to the stadium
Sarah isn't bad either, just pop over the hill and you're golden
UNC?????? c'mon surely you jest

this is a punk post right?

Reactions: RU#1fan
Close doesn’t equate to better. I think our tailgate scene is very good not due to SHI proximity but due to tailgating density. Arkansas was VG. PSU VG. Purdue less crowded, less of a scene, less of an experience.

And RU isn’t raising the donation levels because of proximity, density or any other fan experience reason. They just think they can get more money.

So next year when football and basketball are both ranked in top 25, would everyone be happy?

When the Yellow Lot disappears for the new Indoor Practice Facility that situation will change dramatically.
Many fans will have to accept the RAC as the primary parking lot.

Arkansas was a piece of cake. Park down by the school near the apartments and walk over.

Looking forward to talking with my ticket rep this week to get the skinny on what the costs will be. I'll report back here after that.

When the Yellow Lot disappears for the new Indoor Practice Facility that situation will change dramatically.
Many fans will have to accept the RAC as the primary parking lot.
i think the light blue and tan will be more in demand as folks will not want to take the bus to the RAC.....

they could solve the parking reduction with a number of steps
easy: ask the county to expand johnson park parking further down river road.
diffcult: build a 2-3 story parking garage where the tennis courts are and incorporate a restaurant bar in Hale Center for revenue to pay for the parking garage area... not sure what will be in Hale center when football moves to new practice facility...
wishful thinking: new practice facility includes a parking garage that make up for 1/3 or 1/2 of the parking in yellow lot...

i would really benefit the school to put a parking garage where purple lot is as this could be utilized during the week for commuting students and for 7 weekends for gameday parking...

i think the light blue and tan will be more in demand as folks will not want to take the bus to the RAC.....

diffcult: build a 2-3 story parking garage where the tennis courts are and incorporate a restaurant bar in Hale Center for revenue to pay for the parking garage area... not sure what will be in Hale center when football moves to new practice facility...
wishful thinking: new practice facility includes a parking garage that make up for 1/3 or 1/2 of the parking in yellow lot...

i would really benefit the school to put a parking garage where purple lot is as this could be utilized during the week for commuting students and for 7 weekends for gameday parking...
Black lot is walkable. It’s like the visiting fans tailgate lot. Time to reclaim it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Black lot is walkable. It’s like the visiting fans tailgate lot. Time to reclaim it.
i was in black for 4 years, moved to purple based on others desire 3 years ago.

....i actually preferred black layout, albeit with solar panels now it loses some of the appeal...between 2011-2015 nothing was better than johnson park as i was with a large group and couldnt decide on a lot.....

i get the feeling the black lot has the RU ticket office is offering them in secondary market along with silver and tan...

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It isn't fair to toss away the fans who stuck with you through the lean years. Sometimes it will destroy your business. The people with money like new things so they won't hang around long and those priced ain't coming back. Look at the Giants fans. A 20 plus years waiting list gone and struggle to sell all their season tickets. Look at NASCAR. Broke all their traditions and imploded the sport
Life isn't fair. The fan bases at PSU, Michigan, OSU etc. say you are wrong.

Reactions: Knight Shift
huh?

MD parking is great, quick walk to the stadium
Sarah isn't bad either, just pop over the hill and you're golden
UNC?????? c'mon surely you jest

this is a punk post right?
The Dome and UNC are in the middle of campus. Maryland you might be right actually now that I think about it. I think you are missing the overall point trying to be made.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Arkansas was a piece of cake. Park down by the school near the apartments and walk over.
Lol it was not close to what we have and most of you would likely scream bloody murder what it costs to park there vs here.

Reactions: TRU2RU

Johnson Park is in a massive flood zone. That will never happen and a parking garage costs something like 20k per space to build, also will never happen and tailgating in a parking garage is non-existent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT