ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tight End Matt Alaimo in Portal

Good Bye Netflix GIF by Patriot Act

I figured this was something of a forgone conclusion. He was passed-over by Langan in the "all things TE" category. Most folks here regularly commented on how he really wasn't a pass-catching TE but I don't really think he had enough opportunities.

Reactions: Zimm80 and RUShea
I figured this was something of a forgone conclusion. He was passed-over by Langan in the "all things TE" category. Most folks here regularly commented on how he really wasn't a pass-catching TE but I don't really think he had enough opportunities.
Wasn’t really a pass catching problem. It was everything else that goes with the position. He hated contact and couldn’t block.

So true.
His blocking was beyond awful. I never could figure how we couldn't do better at that position.
He never moved his feet while blocking so consistently would get beat on either side.

Reactions: Kbee3
Anyone know if Langan announced yet if returning for final (extra-covid) year?

He’ll only get better with another year at the position.

Also, Victor Konopka is legit. Freshman Mike Higgins has a lot of potential too.

The drop before even getting hit in the Minnesota game. That play summed up this season. Thanks for the memories

Reactions: Kbee3
He never moved his feet while blocking so consistently would get beat on either side.
And worse he didn't have any competition that could provide what he couldn't and take his playing time.
I never would have guessed it would be so hard to recruit a tight end. Rutgers always seemed to do okay at that spot.

And worse he didn't have any competition that could provide what he couldn't and take his playing time.
I never would have guessed it would be so hard to recruit a tight end. Rutgers always seemed to do okay at that spot.
It became a self fulfilling prophecy. Our OL struggled so we had to leave our TEs and Hs in to block. High level TEs and Hs want to catch passes. We had to recruit TEs with deficiencies.

It became a self fulfilling prophecy. Our OL struggled so we had to leave our TEs and Hs in to block. High level TEs and Hs want to catch passes. We had to recruit TEs with deficiencies.
only deficiencies.

Chanticleer fans just don't expect him to block or catch passes in traffic over the middle. Otherwise, you got a decent TE.
That minnesota drop alone might be the reason he’s not here anymore.

Maybe he found a better fit. Best of luck to him .

Reactions: koleszar
When he was in high school I really thought Alaimo was going to be a big time pass catching TE. Then he chose UCLA and it all seemed to go downhill from there. I wish him the best and hope he has a great final year.

Good luck to the kid. Expect to see moves after everyones’ spring games. Coastal Carolina was 9-4 last year and has been to bowls in each of the last three years.

Cant judge receivers in a Stone Age offense. I think he’ll put up better #s than the Swiss Army Knife

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT