ADVERTISEMENT

Time for 2019 Speculation ....

Zachary.Peril

Junior
May 13, 2018
...and let’s start with the QB position. How else to fill the time?

Will be interesting to see if AS is expected to compete for the job again. I would expect some physical improvements but can his psyche recover from this year? JM won’t love Chatman but I’m left thinking if his scrambling ability may make up for his lack of a big time arm. Will Wise sign on the 19th with Rutgers and will he be a QB or WR next year. And what about Lewis? Transfer? TE? Or does he finally get a chance to be a QB here. Heisy has the body and arm that JM loves. Kid put up crazy numbers in HS playing against pretty legit competition. But why no other D1 offers. He will probably be a RS along with Snyder. But what is Snyder or Heisy are our best QBs next year? And can we beat UMass week 1.

Will be interesting to see if AS is expected to compete for the job again. I would expect some physical improvements but can his psyche recover from this year? JM won’t love Chatman but I’m left thinking if his scrambling ability may make up for his lack of a big time arm. Will Wise sign on the 19th with Rutgers and will he be a QB or WR next year. And what about Lewis? Transfer? TE? Or does he finally get a chance to be a QB here. Heisy has the body and arm that JM loves. Kid put up crazy numbers in HS playing against pretty legit competition. But why no other D1 offers. He will probably be a RS along with Snyder. But what is Snyder or Heisy are our best QBs next year? And can we beat UMass week 1.
The lack of big time arm on Chatman is a bullshit excuse. What good is a big time arm when it is directing passes to the defense, or locking in on receivers, and getting sacked because you stand still in the pocket?

Here is Chatman in high school chucking 40-50 yard bombs to receivers in stride.

The lack of big time arm on Chatman is a bullshit excuse. What good is a big time arm when it is directing passes to the defense, or locking in on receivers, and getting sacked because you stand still in the pocket?

Here is Chatman in high school chucking 40-50 yard bombs to receivers in stride.

Throwing it 40 or 50 yards doesn't mean you have a big arm. How quickly the ball gets there matters as well. From what i saw in the spring game, chatman's arm wasn't overwhelming. That said, there is more to being a qb than a plus arm, but it certainly helps

Throwing it 40 or 50 yards doesn't mean you have a big arm. How quickly the ball gets there matters as well. From what i saw in the spring game, chatman's arm wasn't overwhelming. That said, there is more to being a qb than a plus arm, but it certainly helps
Exactly. So sick of the "big time arm" crap. Rettig had a big time arm, and where did that get him.

As you said, there is more to being a qb than an arm. His arm is sufficient to get the job done.

And they will get those shots... As a WR and TE. Wise will be moved as well.

The QB room next year, as it stands, is Art and Snyder.

If what you say is true, will be interesting to see if another QB is recruited after the first signing day. Or Heisy fills in.

Coaches must have thought his arm was fine to offer him a scholarship. I thought the problem was his need to bulk up and a slow release. Two things that can be fixed.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News

The sooner Rutgers realizes Sitkowski isn't the guy, the better Rutgers will be.

5-7 with easier 2019 schedule.

You started drinking early today ?
With no DL, an OL that can’t block , and perhaps the worst WR talent in FBS football Rutgers isn’t winning 3 games next year let alone 5.

Also wondering how the 2019 class will be filled in? We have a few RS- Juniors on the OL, hopefully they are coming back too.

Also wondering how the 2019 class will be filled in? We have a few RS- Juniors on the OL, hopefully they are coming back too.

Right now RU ranks #67.
Below Temple, Western Michigan, North Texas.
Will need an influx of JUCOs and transfers since Ash can’t land any talented HS prospects. Especially at DL, OL, and WR.

I don’t see a huge recruiting comeback. Hoping for some luck in getting some up and comers after the first signing period.

Some people are just half full types. After going 1-11 you can see some looking toward the future threads that paint a different picture compared to what we just saw. This year we sucked 1-11 lose a time on defense some terrible Olinemenbno receivers. Have no QB yet we may win 5 games. OMG. It’s like the season never happened and we are back to being positive. UNC with a bigger buyout just told there coach to go bye bye and we are stuck with this loser It’s unbelievable.

Reactions: redking
Some people are just half full types. After going 1-11 you can see some looking toward the future threads that paint a different picture compared to what we just saw. This year we sucked 1-11 lose a time on defense some terrible Olinemenbno receivers. Have no QB yet we may win 5 games. OMG. It’s like the season never happened and we are back to being positive. UNC with a bigger buyout just told there coach to go bye bye and we are stuck with this loser It’s unbelievable.

It’s very believable. Have you seen UNC’s financials?

Reactions: 78CollegeAve
Don't count your wins before they hatch. With the WR situation and QB problem 5 wins probably will not happen.

As a fan who always wants to see the team win and succeed- we are going to win the National Championship and blowout PSU.

In reality I'm expecting our DBs to surprise people even though they will be young. Judging based off of Avery this year. Think he will emerge as a real team rallying point and could see him being an eventual captain. Linebackers are going to take a step forward with their pre snap reads and expecting runs for 10+ yds to drop dramatically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT