ADVERTISEMENT

Time to clean house!

I totally agree, let’s hit the portal and hit it hard!! I want JWill back, JMike, Gavin, could care less if others leave. Let’s get a whole new lot of guys in here. This team was truly atrocious to watch and today summed it all up.
I did forget J will but he played poorly today.

How in the world do we expect Pike to coach a team to success next season when most likely our best two players will be freshman and the supporting cast will almost certainly be weak?
Pike knows he’s gotta be aggressive in the portal. He knows that if we underachieve next year it’ll start the countdown until he’s out

Man, that 2nd half was just an abomination to watch. -Down 2 at half to end up losing by 22...at home...on Senior Day, no less.

This team has truly been the "gang that couldn't shoot straight". (Or more to the point, it's been the gang that couldn't shoot at all.)

Reactions: satnom
How in the world do we expect Pike to coach a team to success next season when most likely our best two players will be freshman and the supporting cast will almost certainly be weak?
Experienced, quality guys who can shoot from the portal…..only answer I have

Pike knows he’s gotta be aggressive in the portal. He knows that if we underachieve next year it’ll start the countdown until he’s out
But Rutgers won’t spend on a new coach so it will just start a revolving door of low majors cashing out. Our program will never recover.

Reactions: brucelaw8
Aggressive is an understatement. He minimally needs 2/3 players who are capable of starting in the B1G.
No money for that.
What makes you say we won't spend on a new coach?
our history. When Pitinos daughter was going to college in NYC he strongly hinted he would want the Rutgers job at that time. It’s known we won’t pony up. Our history is spending as little as possible on low to maybe mid major coaches.

No money for that.

our history. When Pitinos daughter was going to college in NYC he strongly hinted he would want the Rutgers job at that time. It’s known we won’t pony up. Our history is spending as little as possible on low to maybe mid major coaches.
Rutgers wouldn't hire a scumbag like Pitino because he's a scumbag.

And thats a good thing.

I was thinking of this as I was watching the final chapter of this season. I want 4 guys returning, cut the rest, bring in the 5 freshman and back fill with portal guys and lets go.
Bingo

Want
Cliff
Jmike
Gavin
Jwill

Maybe …Ogoble.

That’s it

If you don’t want to ball and sweat …please find your figure elsewhwee .

Last edited:
Rutgers wouldn't hire a scumbag like Pitino because he's a scumbag.

And thats a good thing.
I’m not saying we should have I’m just offering it up as an example that Rutgers won’t pursue a name or known talent at coach.

I was thinking of this as I was watching the final chapter of this season. I want 4 guys returning, cut the rest, bring in the 5 freshman and back fill with portal guys and lets go.
Yea. Assuming Cliff is gone, which I think is fair assumption, I want Big O, JWill, JMike, and Gavin back. That's it. And frankly, the latter two are iffy, but I believe they'll be back. That's it. Otherwise, clean house and hit portal hard.

But Rutgers won’t spend on a new coach so it will just start a revolving door of low majors cashing out. Our program will never recover.
lol, then bye I guess. He built us from nothing in a short time, had Covid to deal with, then NIL, has the best class ever coming after his first down year…sky ain’t falling.

Everyone has Gavin on their list. You like that 2-10 shooting? Can we stop with this?
I have no idea as to what to make of Gavin. Either he was clearly overrated coming out of high school or the lack of complimentary talent has impeded his development.

Is it possible that the coach is at fault? Team chemistry is very difficult to manage in the new era of free agency. You don't need the best players to win, you need talented players that want to win for the coach and the university.

The other day Gavin received pass with 2 seconds on clock and had to shoot. The guards are bad.

Yes the other guy has played 60 games and still takes bad shots. Threw pass at Cliff's ankle today. You like Simpson that is great. I want him to play better.

I agree with everything except Cliff, he is not conducive to winning, it’s even more evident now since the last time I said it. Don’t care about his stats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT