ADVERTISEMENT

Todderick Hunt article: Rutgers moving up for 3-star N.J. WR Eddie Lewis

Thank you for posting. He commented how he is from Harlem and goes to school in NJ, and his support system is in place, and he wants to be close to home. Sounds like a done deal.

I find it amazing that Coach Ash seems to have a personal relationship with every recruit - a real credit to him that I'm sure goes far with recruits.

Reactions: chase07470
Am I the only one who is sick of winning these recruiting battles?
Hell yeah. Uh, I mean, hell no. Aw hell, I don't know what I mean.

All I know is nothing matters but the fever...

Best listened to with good headphones. Rumor has it that it's particularly good when one has ingested certain medicinal substances.

Last edited:
I glad we're getting the NJ recruits but we need 1-3 more 4 star recruits. All of our BIG Ten teams have upped their recruiting game especially Maryland.
We have too. There are a lot of big-time defensive players still available on our board. Let's see what happens with them before we start worrying.

All of our BIG Ten teams have upped their recruiting game especially Maryland.

RU has actually upped its recruiting game the most. Since we were at # 14 in the B1G last year and are currently at #7 that leaves 7 conference teams below us including PSU. So as of today your statement is not accurate. But don't let facts get in the way. And please don't tell me you will predict the final order that we will see in February.

rutgersdave, if you're serious that's a silly comment. People on this board should be more appreciative of how far we've come in less than 6 months.

First off, trust your coaches. You know by now that recruiting stars do not translate to wins - coaches look for things in recruits and I trust them more than recruiting analysts (most of which are shills for certain colleges) and certainly more than any of us on this board.

Second, the buzz and momentum of our recruiting is the best I can ever recall in NJ (more than GS had). The camp success, the gains with HS coaches, positive press has been great.

Third, this is not a loaded year in NJ. Both ranking services have 0 5-star and only 4 4-star recruits this year, much lower than prior years. Can't recruit what's not there. I think that's a blessing in disguise - there seem to be fewer big schools recruiting NJ this year because there's fewer high-end guys.

This year is about making a statement in NJ with recruits and HS coaches and get more athletic across the board. I think it's been a huge success thus far - we're getting great kids from all over NJ and keeping a lot of schools effectively out of NJ.

Reactions: Scangg and eceres
As mentioned above- this year, NJ is not top heavy but may have more quality players in the top 30 then ever before. I believe we have gotten a number of top players at their positions in the state. Can't do much more then that. And if anyone doesn't think Melton and Taylor are 4 star worthy, they just don't follow football. It is actually mind blowing that the national rival guys don't see it yet...

[QUOTE="Since we were at # 14 in the B1G last year and are currently at #7 that leaves 7 conference teams below us including PSU. [/QUOTE]

15titg.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT